by Kate Hayes,
Since I started writing for Mommy Moment earlier this year, I have learned many things about Canada that I did not know before. For instance, I did not realize that Canada had its own Thanksgiving holiday. Now I feel a little silly about that. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Back in October.
This week, it is OUR turn to eat some turkey “down South” in New England. And in honor of the occasion, I thought I would share a list of some of the things I am thankful for this year.
Disclaimer: Before I begin, you should know that God and my family top the list. That is a given. In THIS list, I’m going to mention some of the OTHER things that have put a smile on my face this year.
- My two-year-old son Kellen is now potty-trained.
- After moving from St. Louis to Boston for my husband’s job earlier this year, we settled in a home that we love and it is really starting to feel like home! We have made some wonderful new friends.
- After six months of being a SAHM due to our move, I have a new job! (See last post for more details.) I started on Monday, and so far, it is going great!
- The little field mouse that found its way into my daughter’s Ugg about a month ago (and which I found right before I slipped her little foot into the boot) was NOT a sign of some kind of house wide infestation. I think the little guy just came in through the back door. And that is how he went out.
- Kellen really loves his new daycare, and five-year-old Anna equally loves her before and after-school care program. They are anomalies. I love them!
- Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Enough said.
- Although this will be our family’s first Thanksgiving away from “home” in St. Louis, my husband’s parents, who were also relocated recently, will be joining us for our meal.
- Facebook. It has made it SO much easier to stay in touch with all of our friends and family back in the Midwest. It helps us to feel like we are still a part of their everyday lives.
- My own blog, Adventures in Parenting. It’s crazy to think that neither it nor Mommy Moment even existed at this time last year. How quickly technology changes things!
- OK…I know I already said they were inherently included in this list, but I have to mention them again anyway. My family: Hot husband, Kyle…darling daughter, Anna…sweet son, Kellen. They make me laugh out loud every single day. They give me plenty to write about, and more than enough to love. Every time I look at my brood, I feel SO. Incredibly. Blessed. I am thankful indeed.
God is good. Happy (American) Thanksgiving!
Kate is a contributing writer for Mommy Moment. Kate is the proud mom of Anna and Kellen, who are starting to pick up all of her best habits: a passion for reading and exploring new places, an intense interest in organizing, and a total disregard for sleep. See what she has been up to over at www.adventuresinparenting.me