A Fairy Tale Cake

A pop-up fairy tale princess cake!

Monday was a very special day in our house. My little girl turned four. I made this fairy tale princess cake just for her.

She was so excited to finally turn four that one of the first things she says in the morning was “next I will be five and then six”…hmmm, let’s work on being four first!

Fairy Tale Castle Cake : Mommy Moment
I really love how this princess cake turned out! A princess cake for my little princess.
It took many hours to put together but it was all worth it to see the look of wonder on my daughter’s face.
Any cake would be a huge hit with kids if you put some toys on top, especially when it’s Cinderella, Snow White and Ariel. Everything else on the cake was edible.
Now, how to top this for my next kid’s birthday…
Come see more Cakes by Erna each week!
Erna is a happily married stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. She fell in love with cake decorating after taking some local cake decorating courses. She is a hobby baker and decorates cakes for her family and friends. Erna continues to do what she loves by working a few hours at a local bakery (P.S. Cake Designs).

Comments

1. Erna you really out did yourself on this. It’s absolutely amazing!!!

2. WOW Erna! This cake is amazing!
    Any girl would love a cake like this for her birthday, no matter how old she is turning :)

3. gorgeous!

4. WOW! Amazing cake!

5. That’s absolutely gorgeous! I wish I had a daughter. *Sigh*

6. Maegan Morin says:

Beautiful cake!! Wish I could say I was that talented :D My cakes end up disastrous lol

7. Super cute cake!!!
    Since we have boys, we don’t get to do girl’s cakes. This one is just stunning!
    I have pinned some of your beautiful cakes on my yummy cake pops and such board on Pinterest, with direct links back to Mommy Moment.

Have a happy week!
    Colleen

8. This cake is absolutely beautiful. Great job!. My grandaughter turned 4 today and is in love with fairies and princesses. She would have loved a cake like this one.

9. I love the cake! Beautiful!
    And I have a Paige too – only mine is 5. :)

10. You rocked this! Who’s the (cake) Boss?

11. B.J. Bernal says:

This is beautiful!!!!

12. Beautiful job on this cake.

13. Hi! My daughter loves this cake and wants me to create this for her birthday party in November. GREAT JOB!!!! It looks amazing. Could you please explain how you made it – we are stumped on the cylinder columns or castle portion of the cake? I would love to recreate this for her as a surprise. I can be reached at tlmswt2000(at)msn(dot). Thanks a bunch!
    God bless, Tracey

• Erna Singh says:

Hi Tracy!

Thank-you, I’m glad your daughter liked it!

The book itself was a 9×13 and the round cake on top was a 6″. The cylinder columns are made with rice krispie treats. I rolled them into shape and let them dry before hand. Then covered with a thin layer of buttercream to smooth it out and then a sheet of fondant cut to size was wrapped around. You can make your own rice krispie treat or just get the premade snack packs and shape them. I put 2 skewers in the bottom of each one so there was less movement when the were placed on the cake.

I hope that helps and have fun!
      Erna

14. All my respect for the work and passion you’ve put for this wonderful cake!

15. This is really so cute and detailed. I love it! My daughter would die if I presented her with a cake like this :)

16. This is beautiful. As a child I always dreamed of a “Castle Cake”!!

17. Elva Roberts says:

August 19-I love this Fairy Tale Cake by Ena. I know that she spent hours on it just by looking at it. Thank you for giving us ideas to make our children’s birthday’s more memorable. el03ro

18. Wow! This is so unbelievably beautiful! I’ve spent the past week looking at cakes online, as I really want to make a birthday cake for my sister at the end of the month. I couldn’t find any I particularly liked, but the minute I saw this I just KNEW I had to try and re-create it! She’s going to be 23… but what girl, of any age, doesn’t want a fairytale castle cake?! Would you be as kind as to give me some pointers? I don’t bake much, so I’m probably going to be out of my depth with this, but I just have to try it! How did you do the page detailing on the book? How did you make the cone shaped tops of the turrets? Any advice you can give me will be hugely appreciated!! Thank you, and once again – this is stunning!

19. You MADE this?!!? You are SO talented!!!! Cake boss!

20. You are an absolute genius. You should go on tv shows and in magazines. What city
    Are you located in. I am domestically challenged I.

21. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

what an amazing cake , any child would be thrilled to see that on the table on their birthday. Super!

22. mongupp (@mongupp) says:

Absolutely gorgeous,
    !!

23. Shannon Gnocato says:

What an amazing cake! So fabulous, wish I had talents like this to be able to make something like that.

24. Judy C (Judy Cowan) says:

This is an amazing cake! I only wish I had talent like that, I have a hard enough time just spreading the icing on the cake.

25. angie andrews says:

Wow, this cake is amazing my daughter would love something like this for her birthday

26. Wow! That’s fantastic! I’m stumped for words! I’m in awe!

27. Jaime Brown says:

That is amazing you have lucky kids to have a mom that goes to all that work to make them such a beautiful cake:) I would love to be able to make cakes look that awesome. Most of the cakes I make are filled with frosting to cover up all of my mistakes lol

28. wow amazing cake! I have never seen something so cool!

29. WOW!

30. I’m in awe at this cake – it’s so beautiful. Your little girl must have been so excited to know that it was for her!!! Happy Birthday to your little princess :)

31. Beautiful cake. She must have been so pleased.

32. anna key says:

WOW!!!!! What a gorgeous cake!!! Way to go!

33. DARLENE W says:

This is absolutely stunning, my granddaughters would swoon after this

34. Wow, that is amazing… you have great skills!

35. This cake is gorgeous! Any little girl would definitely love to have a birthday cake like this.