Quotes for you and me ~ Worry

Each Sunday I will share a quote or bible verse that I want to focus on or remember in the coming week. I struggle with worrying too much, so I thought this would be a good one to start up with this week.

Photo was taken by my husband Trevor while in a plane flying to Arviat, Nunavut.

Do you have a quote or bible verse about worry that you would like to share? Leave it in the comments below for others to see.

Comments

1. So so true!!

2. This is exactly what I do when I can’t sleep.

3. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. – Matthew 6:34

Worry is something we all have, to some extent. And when you look at the big picture, whatever we’re worrying about seems pretty small & silly. :)

4. Wise words that I really need to learn.. My mind is my own worst enemy many nights..

5. Doris Calvert says:

I came upon a quote about friends that I truly believe in, it has a picture of two girls holding hands as children with the picture it says,

True friendship is not about being insearatable, but being seperated and nothing changes.

6. Doris Calvert says:

Of course I spelled it wrong sorry

True friendship is not about being inseparable, but being seperated and nothing changes.

ok now it’s good:)

• Scientists have determined that if the first and letter of a word are correct but the other letters are jumbled, most people can still read the word. Even though 1 letter in your word was incorrect, I still read the word you intended to use.
      Interesting, no?

7. Lucille Loeppky says:

It’s great that you are acknowledging what you are struggling with. The most important thing to do is park your mind in scripture. I have a few verses that I have used when I am struggling with worry or anxiousness but one that I chose now is one of my favorites “You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.” Isaiah 26:3

• I love that verse too! I always feel it is best to be real and honest with everyone…we are all human, so we all have struggles, sharing them and supporting one another is the way it should be. Thanks for your comment Lucille!

8. Awesome quote!
    Kas

9. Someone once said that “worry is an insult to God”. Whenever I catch myself on the brink of worrying, I keep reminding myself that. It’s a difficult habit to break, but I guess we should try to overcome needless worry.

10. I always worry about not being able to fall back asleep… kind of counter productive, I think! Next time I will just go do the dishes (because honestly, who wants to do them after dinner?)

11. The Lord doesn’t remove the sources of stress in our lives…. But He’s always there and cares for us. We can feel His arms around us on the darkest night. James Dobson

12. Alexa Nernberg says:

I am disabled, due to a severe stroke in 2002. I recently came across this quote, “If you don’t try, you will never know”. It really is true and can apply to any person, in any given situation.

13. Peaceful picture! Great advice!

14. Elva Roberts says:

August 10-What a useful and wonderful quote. I had never quite thought of it that way before. Thank you for this . el03ro

15. Definitely this is true for me. Laying in bed thinking about the things I am worrying about is awful. I will usually go scrapbook if I can’t sleep :)

16. Jennifer C aka JusticeSadie says:

Great Advice. I too am a major worrier. This really gave me a lot to consider and try next time my worries creep in.

17. Seriously jealous that you went to Nunavut. I have never been farther north than Edmonton. OK, that is not exactly true, I had an interview once in North Bay. Plane to North Bay; car ride to interview and then the same in reverse.

18. That is so true! Worrying is the reason we can’t sleep. So many times I experienced I’m dead tired but couldn’t sleep because of tiny little problems that were all over my head. Thank you for sharing this wonderful quote.

19. yemi akinola says:

So very true. But easier said than done.