Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons finely crushed candy cane, plus additional for sprinkling on top
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 drop red food coloring (optional)
- sweetened whipped cream
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, heat the milk and crushed candy cane until nearly simmering, stirring often. This will ensure that the candy cane dissolves in the milk.
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir until melted and the milk is steaming. Stir in the food coloring for a beautiful pink color (optional).
- Pour into your favorite holiday mug, top with fresh whipped cream, and sprinkle with
- remaining crushed candy canes. Enjoy!
Jeanine Friesen, the author of “The Everything Guide to Living Gluten-Free”, is a recipe developer and freelance food writer from Manitoba, Canada. Her blog, The Baking Beauties, is a collection of gluten-free recipes that have helped her sustain a normal life after the diagnosis of Celiac disease. Jeanine truly believes that no one should have to go without, and has done what she can to help others fill the void that the gluten-free diet can cause.