The holidays are always filled with delicious desserts. With all the baking, snacking and exchanging of food, we have to be careful that we prevent some holiday disasters!
Here is one of my husbands favorite desserts, any time of year. It is my moms EASY CHERRY CHEESECAKE WITH A TWIST recipe.
- 1 pkg instant lemon pudding
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
- 1¾ cups milk
- graham crust
- cherry pie filling
- Blend cream cheese with ¾ cup milk.
- Add lemon pudding and 1 cup milk.
- Mix till well blended 2-3 minutes.
- Pour mixture over the cooled 8″ graham crust.
- Keep in fridge till set.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
I was reading over some of the facts on the hygienecouncil.org website and must admit that I am rethinking taking part in bake exchanges and purchasing dessert trays from bake sales. It’s not likely that I will give up taking part in them completely, but I will be more careful…that’s for sure.
Did you know that:
- 9 out of 10 dishcloths have unsafe bacteria levels.
- you should not store leftovers or food in an over-full fridge
- places where children eat (such as high-chairs) often have more bacteria than the toilet flusher….YUCK!
- bedding should be washes every week to prevent viruses and dust mites
- the remote control is one of the top places to transmit infections in the home
There are many more interesting facts that you can check out on the hygienecouncil.org site.
The fact that surprised me the most was the one about having a full fridge. Our fridge is always full, so I have learned to be more cautious about packing it so full.
As long as we all remember food safety, we can have an enjoyable (and hopefully sick free) holiday.
Disclosure: I am part of the Lysol® Healthy Families Ambassador Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.”