It is the time of year when I seem to go through copious amounts of flour, butter and chocolate chips. Getting ready for bake exchanges, baking trays for teachers and making more than enough treats for the plethora of guests that I will be serving over the holiday season. With all the baking we do in our home this time of year, there is one life saver that makes all the baking a little less stressful, and more enjoyable for me…Pam cooking spray.
I am not a fan of Teflon cookie sheets, so what is a girl to do when it comes to trying to get her molasses cookies to not stick. Pam has been a life saver. Even when it comes to lining muffins in our cast iron muffin tin, Pam has me covered.
Pam is also the healthy alternative to my baking dilemmas. I have been stuck trying to use other products to grease my pans, however Pam is straight up canola oil which is only 7% saturated fat. With Pam you have more control over the amount of product used thanks to the easy to use point and spray nozzle.
So here is my little adventure in using Pam this holiday season.
- PAM® Baking Spray
- 1 cup (2 sticks/250 g) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) semisweet chocolate mini morsels
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (125 mL) toffee bits
- 1½ tsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 pkgs (1 cup/250 g each) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray baking sheet with PAM® Baking Spray. Mix butter, chocolate morsels, walnuts, toffee bits and cinnamon by hand until blended.
- Unroll crescent dough on lightly floured surface; separate into 16 triangles. Gently roll each crescent to ⅛-inch thickness; spread each with ¼ cup (50 mL) of the chocolate mixture. Roll up each triangle loosely, starting at shortest side, rolling to opposite point. Place, seam-sides down, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet to wire rack; cool completely. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners’ sugar.
Share what you can do with Pam this holiday season. Your secret holiday tips are safe with us