Holidays are a great time to teach kids about giving.
One way we have done that this year is baking treats and delivering them to friends. We received a cute package from Kellogg’s and we made Gingerbread Christmas Pops – a twist on a favorite Kellogg’s treat!
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter
- 1 lb (454 g) regular marshmallows
- 1 tsp (5mL) ground ginger (I used Epicure's Gingerbread spice)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 12 cups (3 L) Kellogg's Rice Krispies* or Holiday Rice Krispies* cereal
- Popsicle or pop sticks
- Decorations, icing etc
- Lightly coat a 17 ¼ x 11 ½ x 1" (43.8 x 29.2 x 2.54 cm) jellyroll pan with cooking spray.
- In a large heavy bottom pot, over medium- low heat, combine butter, marshmallows, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, stirring often until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well combined.
- Add Kelloggs Rice Krispies* cereal all at once and stir with a wooden spoon or heat resistant rubber spatula until all the cereal is evenly coated.
- Using a spatula coated with cooking spray, quickly, press the mixture evenly into the pan filling it completely.
- Let the Rice Krispie treats cool completely at room temperature.
- To make pops, cut out your favorite shapes using cookie cutters. Insert a stick in the bottom (side) of the treat.
- Decorate with Smarties, icing, melted chocolate, sprinkles, or rolled fondant.
We had a great time baking and decorating these Kellogg’s treats.
Then we delivered them to friends, so they had a treat to enjoy
Do you bake and deliver goodies during the Christmas season?
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: