Before I had kids, I swore that I’d never be part of a couple that stopped dating, once the kids came along. I never knew how exhausted I would be and how reluctant I would be to leave my children with a babysitter. That paired with my husbands hectic schedule, has pretty much made our dating life, non existent. Though we don’t go ‘out’ very often, we do try to have a ‘date night’ at home, at least once a month. On those days I make a special dinner for us, once the kids are in bed. We often cook together and this is one of our favourite ways to prepare chicken breasts. It is super simple, looks amazing and taste just a wonderful as it looks. The chicken stays extremely moist, with a wonderful salty and crisp crust. Delicious, easy and sure to impress.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- ½ C mayonnaise (I like Hellmann’s)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- zest and juice of one lemon
- ⅓ C panko bread crumbs
- ¼ C grated Parmesan Cheese
- finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breast onto a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the garlic, lemon zest and juice.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the panko bread cumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Evenly top with mayonnaise mixture, then sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Let rest 10 minutes and sprinkle with parsley, before serving.
Cindy is a Stay at Home Mom of 2, married to a Chef. Cindy quickly realized that if she didn’t want to live off of cereal, blue box Mac’n’Cheese and TV dinners, she needed to get into the kitchen; after a long day at work, the last thing her hubby wants is to cook her a 4 star dinner. When her son turned 2, she decided to start blogging and Hun… What’s for Dinner? was born. Cindy tries to share healthy and wholesome dishes, with a few desserts here and there. Though baking is her passion, she has recently become more adventurous in the kitchen and loves creating new and innovative recipes.