Since our daughter Kate suffered from GERD for many years, tooth care was always on our mind. We did not want the acid from her being sick so much to affect the health of her teeth.
We decided that oral care was very important for us and I’m happy to say that our daughters Kate (7) and Jane (4) have not had any cavities.
5 Tooth Brushing Tips
- Introduce healthy foods to your child from a young age. -Selecting healthy foods like fruits and vegetables and avoiding sugary foods are the best medicine for your child’s teeth. When your child does consume sugar (such as fruit juices or sweets), avoid doing so between meals when the mouth’s natural saliva production is low.
- Model good oral heath for your children. – Children learn from seeing what others do. It’s important for kids to see adults taking care of their teeth and not just being told to brush their teeth.
- Have a stool by the sink so the child can be at a comfortable height when learning to brush on their own. – Creating and inviting and comfortable environment for children to brush their teeth will help them learn the independence of oral health care from a young age.
- Get a toothbrush your child will love. At the age of 3 all the way to tween, the Oral-B Pro-Health For Me Vitality Electric Toothbrush is a fun option. It is an electric toothbrush with a 2 minute timer and rechargeable battery – and looks pretty cool too.
- Have your child go with you to the store to pick out their own toothpaste and floss. Giving them a choice helps them become independent and take responsibility for their oral care.
Help teach your kids about the importance of oral health early. Check out tips and articles on oralb.com to help you learn about dental care from babies to kids, and adults too. Having trouble? Why not make a game of it and download the Yuck Mouth game for Android and Apple devices.
Do your children have good oral health habits? Do you find it easy or difficult to model good oral health habits for your children?
Giveaway Moment: The Tween Teeth bundle is valued at $50* and includes: Oral-B CrossAction Pro-Health Toothbrush, Oral-B Pro-Health for Me Vitality electric toothbrush and Glide floss (2).
Open to CANADA only.