Are you celebrating a birthday today, March 9th? If so, then you share a birthday with Barbie!
Happy Birthday to YOU & Barbie!
Barbie was first introduced in 1959 by Ruth Handler, co-founder of Mattel. This plastic doll is still inspiring and encouraging young girls today. I remember playing with these dolls when I was young and now my daughter loves to play with them at Grandma’s with her cousins.
Did You Know?
- Barbie first appeared in the now-famous black-and-white striped swimsuit and signature ponytail.
- Her first pet was a horse named Dancer; since then, she has had more than 50 other pets!
- Her first boyfriend, Ken, debuted two years after Barbie in 1961.
- She has collaborated with more than 75 different fashion designers and has served as creative inspiration to more than 150 famous designers
- She has had over 130 different careers in her lifetime. Now with her I Can Be line, she shows girls that they have have any career they want from Architect to Gymnast, Track Star to President and MORE!
There are even Dolls of the World featuring countries such as France, Spain, Holland and Mexico.
My girl loves playing with her Barbie dolls, pretending and using her imagination.
Since Barbie is celebrating 54 years today, Mattel and Mommy Moment are giving away a Prize Pack valued at $100!
This prize pack features some doll-tastic toys, as well as a CD and tiaras to have your own personal Barbie-themed party.
This giveaway is open to Canadian residents ONLY.
To enter, leave a blog post comment telling me your favorite Barbie doll or whom you would share this prize pack with!