I always love getting my girls new dresses for Easter, but I like to get something that will also work for a great spring/summer dress when Easter is over. When my mother-in-law gave me this bright, fun fabric I knew I would easily make little dresses that would work for both Easter and Spring!
DIY Spring Dress Tutorial
What you will need:
- fabric with a stretchy/ribbed top
- knitting needle
I have never been much into sewing, but this is a dress that anyone can make.
- All you have to do is measure the fabric around your child for the fit you desire.
- Cut the fabric.
- Sew the fabric from the wrong side down the length of the dress and a hem along the bottom.
- Cut out strips of fabric for the straps. I chose to use 2 inch wide fabric which wen sewed from the wrong side allowed enough room to use a knitting needle to inside-out the straps.
- Iron the straps with the seam at one edge.
- Put the dress on the child and decide where and how long you want the straps.
- Pin the straps into place and sew them on.
- Cut off the loose threads and you’re done!
I love that as these dresses become too small they will make the perfect summer tops.
Linked up at The DIY Dreamer