Guest post by Amanda,
Ever since my daughter was weaned off of the bottle, I have struggled with finding creative ways to get milk into her. She gags on plain milk, she chokes down flavoured milk and even putting milk in her cereal can be a struggle to get down.
Here are my ideas for getting calcium into my daughter:
- baking with milk (muffins, bread etc.)
- adding extra powdered milk to pancakes, muffins, bread
- adding powdered milk to yogurt for an added calcium boost
- making hot cereal with milk instead of water
- calcium fortified orange juice
- bake with almond flour
One of our favourite things to eat as a snack around here are smoothies. Not only are they super nutritious with vitamins and healthy goodness from the fruits and added spinach, but they are also an excellent way to ensure that my daughter is getting her daily intake of calcium!
Amanda from Multi-Testing Mommy is a creative Mom to two young children. In her spare time, she loves to bake, paper craft and organize. She also co-authors Canadian Moms Cook where you can find recipes that have been tested out by real Canadian families.