Front Porch Makeover For Under $100

porch makeover

I was invited to take part in the Frugal Heroes Challenge that happened on May 2nd across the country at Walmart stores.

The challenge? Decorate your outdoor living space for $100.

I have always dreamed of having a spot on my front porch to sip tea and work on blog posts. I never imagined I would be able to create the space for under $100, was I able to do it?

porch makeover

The branches were a little more than I wanted to pay since I could have gone and found some on my own, but they fit in the budget, so I am happy.

popcorn

I love the bright colors, they are so cheerful. I added a package of popcorn and I had 2 very happy little girls.

front porch

There will be many hours spent in my new, beautiful outdoor space.

makeover on a budget

Here is what I bought:

• Wooden Table with 4 chairs (in the clearance section) – $60.00
  • 4 Large Green Tumblers – $1.00
  • Yellow Tablecloth – $2.00
  • Round Flower Placemat – $1.97
  • Blue Oval Tray – $1.00
  • Ceramic Vase – 8.97
  • Birch Twigs (2 pks) – $5.77 each

Total Came to $86.48 + $10.38 in taxes = $96.86

I have to admit, I’m pretty happy with how things turned out. I look forward to having a cup of tea there in the morning, and the best part is that there is always room for a friend!

before after

Would you like to join me for a visit on my front porch?

If you enjoyed this post be sure to check out our DIY board & new Mother’s Day board on Pinterest.

You may also like this DIY Washer Pendant necklaceDIY Salt Dough Handprint, DIY chalkboard Frame and DIY Teacup Bird Feeder.

Thank-you Walmart for inviting me to take part in the #WalmartFrugalHeroes Challenge.

Disclosure: I received $100 Walmart Gift Card to take part in the #WalmartFrugalHeroes Challenge. The opinions are my own.

Comments

1. Sabrina T says:

Wow! What an amazing transformation for under $100!! I need to check out Walmart’s clearance section more often. I hope you find much inspiration in your new space.

2. that is so awesome!! I love what you found!

3. Gorgeous! I love the bright colours and that table and chair set was a steal! Awesome job, Jody!

• Thanks Kathryn, I can’t believe I found a table. I really wanted to get at least 1 chair for a sitting space – and I truly lucked out with getting 4 and a table! I can’t wait to have nice warm weather to enjoy my new outdoor work space!

4. so cute! i love this makeover and need to do my own now :)

5. Quelle difference!!! You must be so happy, I would definitely spend more time in the new outdoor environment. Kudos and I think the bright colors make such the statement

6. I think it’s super cute!! Love the colors to with the season change!
    Living in Vegas, we have small outside spaces and EVERYTHING is so brown!! I’d love to do something like this to pop some color in!

7. WOW amazing! Great colors, design and under $100!!

8. Looks great! Now that was some real frugal shopping – I can’t believe how much you got for your $100! Good job! It looks great – very bright and perfect for the season.

9. Soozle says:

Great work! I LOVE the bright yellow color! Very impressive that you stretched your dollar so far!

10. The colors you chose are amazing and scream SPRING! I cannot believe you got a table in under $100. I just might have to head to Wal-Mart myself been needing a little something on my deck, dog bed is not cutting it. LOL

Happy Spring!

11. Love the table! What a great idea for a porch.

12. Looks lovely and fresh, man there’s NEVER any furniture on clearance here ;) SCORE

• I was so shocked! Our Walmart store is new (opened this year) but pretty small – I had no idea there even was a clearance section, but it in the far back corner. All it was, was basically a platform with a few things screwed down to it – This Table & Chairs was a part of it. I could not believe my luck!!

13. Wow! Great job! That looks amazing. Very creative.

14. That is super cute! I can’t believe what a difference a pop of color makes. Great job! Now I’m inspired to add more color to the front of my house!

15. That looks awesome! Well done, Jody!

16. I cannot believe your got that table and chairs for $60; awesome find! Love your new space :)

17. I love the blue and yellow combination on your porch! Very pretty and cheery!

18. Cute porch make over

19. Love the color in this makeover! You did well. Yellow is my favorite happy color.

20. Great look and easy to do.

21. Love the colours! Yellow and Lime Green are my girls’ favorite colours!

22. Amanda Faith says:

Super cute!

23. just found your website this week… I’m from MB as well. great transformation for so little… makes me long for summer again instead of our -25 or colder weather!

24. What a difference that made! Our front porch could use a makeover for sure. I’ll have to start collecting some ideas and keep my eyes open for some deals. I’d really like to improve the look of our home from the street.

25. Debbie S. says:

I love what you did! It looks so bright and fresh! Walmart is a great place to get great affordable deals!

What a transformation! I can imagine sitting out there on a sunny morning with my first cup of tea. I love the bright colours that you used and I can’t believe the price of the table!! Excellent job!

27. Elaine Buonsante says:

What a wonderful use of space…so cheerful and bright!