A Canada Day Scavenger Hunt is a great way for everyone to participate in a game and enjoy the holiday. Be sure to have a list of items prepared that are all hidden before your guests arrive.
Below are suggested items you can include in the scavenger hunt:
- Canadian flag
- Hockey puck
- CD: Jann Arden, Tragically Hip or Celine Dion, etc.
- Tim Horton’s mug
- Book: by Robert Munsch, Margaret Atwood, etc
- Fishing rod
- Magazine or newspaper: MacLean’s, Canadian Parent or The Globe & Mail
- Hockey card
- Movie: starring Jim Carrey, Michael Fox or Dan Aykroyd, etc
- Toy bear or moose
- Picture from a trip in Canada
Hide the items around your house, both inside and outside. Prepare clues for people to follow to find them or guess what they are.
To start the game, give each team or person a different clue to start their search. Once all items have been found and returned, the person or team with the most items wins!
What other items would be great on a Canada Day Scavenger Hunt?
Cindy Despins is the founder of dressupandplayparties.com. As a stay at home mother of 2, she loves to provide her children with opportunities to play, be creative and learn. She loves to share these ideas with other children and help parents out with her birthday party packages.