Oh the life of a stuffy. They are hugged, loved, kissed, dragged, buried, eaten, scratched, forgotten, found, lost again, thrown, found again, slept with. They love unconditionally, they know your secrets, they protect you from the monsters under the bed and most importantly they will hug you back on YOUR terms. No matter how you put it, our kids stuffed animals are essential for their sleeping, and at times it feels like functioning. So our challenge this week is to experience the sanitizing feature on our Maytag Maxima Dryer using the provided stuffed elephant.
(and to all of you who asked to hear it sing…I included that too)
Press the PLAY STORY button below to see what we all put “TRUNKY” the elephant through.
So here is the timeline of our new stuffed friend.
1) Purolator delivered our new elephant friend.
2) He was christened with the name Trunky.
3) My aunt was over visiting with her small pet dog, and lets just say Trunky and dog became great friends. They had a ball…or I think the dog had a better time, but Trunky held his own – afterall, he never once complained about being compacted into a tiny box for several days while he was shipped to us.
4) Trunky took a spin in the dryer with the sanitize feature. While in the dryer Trunky got to meet several other friends including Carebear, Mr. Goat, Raffi (not the singer) and some other well loved friends.
5) The girls watched and watched and watched….and got dizzy.
6) Trunky came out of dryer fresh warm and cuddly. Girls tested several times to ensure cuddle factor was achieved. The girls also tested their other friends snuggle factor. The friends share about how much fun they had with Trunky. The girls shared how fresh their friends (new and old) were and how they felt fresh and CLEAN (Yes, clean without being in the washer).
7) Girls and friend (human) learn about the challenge and decide to take the sanitize challenge to the next level. (que evil laughter….now). Girls and friend (human) take Trunky outside and show him a new game…hide and go seek with mud, sand and dirt. Trunky had a blast (can’t you tell by the smile?)
8) We Washed Trunky with other friends (non-human) using the washer sanitize feature this time.
9) Dried Trunky with other friends (non-human) using the Dryer sanitize feature like last time.
10) Resume play with Trunky.
So that is what life is like for stuffed animal friends in our home. They all don’t get the same treatment, however I can recall both my daughters favorite animals being dragged through all sorts of food residue, and having to sneak it away when they were sleeping to give it a good cleaning praying they would not wake up till morning.
Yes, sanitize time for stuffed animals can be a challenge, however thanks to Maytag, that challenge had become more of a fun time, rather than a sneaky time.
Which item in your house would you sanitize with the Maytag Maxima Dryer?
Be sure to check out our first challenge where I put the Maytag Maxima Washer & Dryer to the ultimate test (and check out the before and after photos of the coveralls!!)
I am part of the Maytag Blogger Challenge, all opinions are my own.