If you have been checking up on the Playtex Mommyville Mom of the Month program, you will have noticed that not only have they been awarding the Mom of the Month title to some deserving Mamas out there, they have also been awarding other titles as well.
- Xiunelly A. had the winning submission for Most Nervous Moment
- Kristen S. had the winning submission for Most Heartwarming Moment
- Andrea A. had the winning submission for Funniest Moment
- Mekaila F. had the winning submission for Most Exciting Moment
- Debbie F. had the winning submission for Cutest Moment
All these moms, along with the Mom of the Month’s were featured on the Playtex Mommyville Facebook Page.
This month, Playtex Mommyville has 3 new questions that they are surveying new and veteran moms alike. I am going to share the questions with you, and this time, include MY answers:
#1) Making the decision to have a child is life changing and those 9 months leading up to your baby’s birth can be both wonderful and a little scary. What advice would you give to a first time or expecting mom?
– People are going to have LOTS of advice for you. Not only when you are pregnant, but especially once that baby is born. My advice to you is to make your own decisions! Sure, get advice from friends, family, doctors and/or midwives, but remember — ultimately the decision is yours. Make the decision and stick to it. You know what is best for you and your family.
#2) Seeing your baby in tears (or in pain) can break your heart even when it has to do with something as natural as teething. What do you do to help your baby cope during hard times?
– Both of my kids received a stuffed animal and a blanket from family members when they were born. These stuffies and blankets are something constant that they have always known. Make sure that your child has something soft and comforting for them to grab on to. My kids are 7 & 5 and when they are having a bad day, or feeling sick, they still gravitate towards these special items because they make them feel safe.
#3) The seasons are starting to change and as the cooler/warmer weather approaches what types of activities are you looking forward to with your family?
– As I mentioned, my kids are 7 & 5. Last year we were super busy running from activity to activity. And it was just TOO much! This year, we gave each child the option to choose 1 activity. My 7 year old daughter chose theatre classes while my 5 year old son chose gymnastics. Between those two activities, family skating nights and other family fun activities, we are sure that our fall and winter will be jam packed with fun!
What is your #1 piece of advice for new moms?