DIY Fall Wreath Project

Fall is here and I couldn’t be happier! It is one of my favorite seasons. I love the crisp air and the pretty autumn colors, but I am not too crazy about the fact that snow will soon be here. Recently I re-painted the entire main level of our home and I have been thinking of ways to update our fall/winter décor. The first thing on my list was a new wreath for our front door. I didn’t want your typical wreath with leaves and acorns on it.

DIY Fall Wreath Project

Completed Wreath

What you will need:

• Styrofoam wreath (This one is 12 inches)
  • Burlap (Purchased at Michaels)
  • Paper in whatever colors you like (you can switch it up depending on season)
  • Glue gun and glue sticks.
  • Ribbon
  • Scissors
  • Any other decorations you would like for your wreath

supplies

First, make sure you actually plug in your glue gun. Today I thought I had plugged mine in but when I came back to it I realized I hadn’t (it’s been a long week!). Once it’s nice and hot you can start gluing on your burlap. Just wrap it around your wreath form. I actually did two layers to make sure that you couldn’t see any Styrofoam underneath.

wrapping the wreath

Once you have wrapped it all up simply glue the end piece down. Make sure you glue it to the back side so that it is hidden when it is hung up.

decorating

Then the fun part! Start decorating your wreath. I decided to use rolled paper roses and some white feathers that I had laying around. The rolled paper roses are super easy to make. You can find a ton of tutorials online if you search for them.

finished wreath

I love how versatile wreaths can be. You can make them for any season or occasion, all it takes is a little imagination and a few minutes of your time and VOILA, you have a beautiful new piece of décor for your home.

Jennifer Hunt is the owner/creative mind behind Imagine With Paper, and a social media footprint in the Guelph-Wellington area with her blog My Big Blue World which is focused on the adventures – and misadventures – of being a mom of 3 boys. She describes herself as a “serial crafter and DIY addict” and sometimes finds it hard to step away from pinterest.

Comments

1. Judy C (Cowan) says:

Great idea! Simple but very pretty! Thanks for sharing this idea.

2. paula huie says:

WOW!! you make this look soo easy for a non DIY’er like myself.. I might just attempt this one lol

This is a great tutorial. The instructions and photos are clear and concise. I think that I could make this quite easily. Thank you!

4. jenny nicole says:

I love this! It’s simple yet very cute! I love the warm colours; it’s perfect for fall, which is my favourite season too!

5. Very cute and definitely something a beginner could do with great results.

6. Lorir pitt says:

Great project for fall. My niece is actually doing a similar wreaths. For her wedding next weekend.

7. Leslie Coish says:

I love this…very simple, yet elegant. I am not a very crafty person at all but this looks like something even I can do. Thanks for the great tutorial. I will be so giving this a try!!!

8. I love the use of the burlap cloth on this wreath, simple yet perfect for this time of year

9. Melanie B says:

Very nice and doesnt look too complicated!

10. That is such a great idea. It looks very chic!! Perfect way to dress up our front door.

11. Just such cute ideas.. love it

12. That is one beautiful homemade wreath!! I would love to try something like this!

13. Simple and beautiful wreath.

14. Marcia Moan says:

love crafts, and after making them taking pictures of them

15. Wow, this is so pretty! I also love fall! I’d love to try and make this!

16. Brenda Penton says:

I love this! Every year I tell myself I will make my own wreath, but always put it off. I’m gonna head out today and see if any stores here sell the stuff to make it…small town woes :(

17. Kira Krusky says:

Beautiful and not all that difficult to make! I may need to attempt this :)

18. Simone Duerksen says:

This is such a great idea – thanks for posting!!

19. Love this! Looking for ideas for two wreaths for our doors!

20. Looks gorgeous! Simple but elegant!

21. Deb Dorrington says:

I’m not really great at making things like this much but you have made be a believer in DIY. I have to go to Michaels this weekend and I think I’ll pick up the stuff to make this gorgeous wreath.

22. What a great project :) It looks gorgeous!

23. Such a cute project! I think I have the materials lying around the house, so to get the family into the spirit of the season, I might just make one.

24. Thanks for the tutorial! Great idea.

25. very original and different. love it

26. I love this wreath and think it looks just beautiful in it’s simplicity.The rolled paper roses bring the whole thing together.They do look so lovely.

27. Jaime Brown says:

I really like the way you made this wreath look simple yet beautiful and elegant. Thank you for sharing this wonderful wreath, I will definitely have to try and make one for my house:)

28. I think that’s the one thing I’ve never made – what a great and simple craft to do with the kiddies!

29. I like the simplicity of this. This could work for my daughter’s wedding.

30. fantastic idea, can do so many things to this

31. Love this!
    I LOVE wreaths and am wanting to make a burlap one this fall/winter.
    Thanks

32. Christine O'Connor says:

Beautiful wreath

33. I just love the way this wreath looks! I’d love to try and make one myself!

34. This is beautiful. I love how simple and rustic it is. Definitely something that I would make. Thanks for sharing

35. SueSueper Sue says:

What a cute wreath. I never would of though to make one with burlap. NICE!

36. I’m making some mini ones to hang on our tree this year! Thanks!

37. Susan Hanley says:

I think I could do this.

38. Great fall project!

39. This is a really cute idea. I’m going to use spare yarn instead of burlap.

A few doors on my floor are decorated seasonally. I would like to think ahead and create one for Valentine’s Day. This idea is so much easier than others that I have seen.

41. Beautiful wreath that could be adapted to any season.

42. caryn s says:

I love how simple this wreath is and yet it is very elegant too!

43. Elaine Buonsante says:

Thanks for showing that simplicity can be beautiful.