LEGO Cake

LEGO Cake 1

My youngest turned three! Now for a few months, I can say that my kids are 3,4 and 5. I always find it fun to see a flicker of “Are you crazy?” cross peoples eyes when I tell them that. We had such a fun day celebrating his special day. We went out for lunch and a trip to the zoo. Of course after all that we came home and had some cake and presents.

When it comes to what kind of cake I want to make my kids, I try to plan the theme well in advance. This time I changed my mind at the last minute. My son loves Lego! He always has a Lego man or Lego creation in his pockets. I have found more than my share of Lego in the washing machine. It just seemed like the perfect cake for my little guy!

Love Erna’s creations? You can see more HERE.

Also, be sure to check out our CAKE board on Pinterest.

Erna is a happily married stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. She fell in love with decorating cake after taking some local decorating courses. She is a hobby baker and decorates her creations  for her family and friends. Erna continues to do what she loves by working a few hours at a local bakery.

Comments

1. What a cool cake! I have kids in a row like that (they’re 10, 11 and 12) and I think it’s hilarious to watch peoples faces when I tell them how old my kids are.

2. Love the cake! We had a lego party for my son too this year and it was a fun theme!

3. so awesome, my boys would go crazy over that!

4. Brenda Penton says:

Oh my gosh, this is so cute! My youngest son would love this! Great looking cake, Erna!

5. Oh my Goodness, this is so cute! My little guys would love this cake!

6. Love the Lego cake. We have quite a collection of Lego at our house!

love the cake,my grandson would love this…i may try it

8. Anne Taylor says:

I love this cake! It would be awesome for any little girl or boy or even a grown up girl or boy who was into lego lol Thanks

9. Erika Birrell says:

That is so cool, one cake idea I’ve not heard of yet!!

10. Oh how I love this cake! It would be perfect for a birthday party. Thank you for sharing.

11. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

what a great idea for a child’s birthday cake.

12. That is an amazing cake! My son would love it!

13. Cheryl Grandy says:

What a unique cake! And what a great way to spend a birthday.

You did such an amazing job on that cake! It really does look like Lego! I’m very impressed! Lol, I know that “are you crazy?” look all too well! My boys are the same age for 10 days every year and people would look so confused, if, during that 10 day time, they would ask their ages, because there was always such a big size difference between the two of them!

15. Victoria Ess says:

That’s amazing — I can’t believe that was a ‘last-minute’ decision!

16. This is darling! My son would love it…you are so talented!

17. That is the cutest!! My grandson would love to have this as his birthday cake! So creative!

18. Judy C (Cowan) says:

Love this cake! My nephew would love this for his birthday but I don’t think I am that talented at cake decorating yet!

19. Wow that is a great cake, my grandsons would love this!

20. This is such a great cake. I havn’t seen one made out of the individual lego blocks before. It’s awesome!!

21. Such an adorable idea! Love that LEGO Man!

22. Jacqui Odell says:

This looks yummy! We are going to go Lego Land soon this might be a special way to announce that to the kids. Thanks for linking up to Party Time on Moms & Munchkins and we hope to see you next week.

23. Beanybopp says:

Our son loves blocks and we are doing something similar for his cake this year. We are going to have a cake in a shape of a 2 and then lego Duplo lego blocks (construction site) on it to make it look like they are building it on top of one of the duplo building plates. I hope that he likes it! :)

24. Eva Mitton-Urban says:

What an awesome cake. My son loves Lego/Mindcraft…better stop right there lol. In the past was an assistant baker – so I enjoy different creations and concepts for cake decorating – absolutely love this. Some great cakes prepared by Erna – daily loyal visitor.

25. natasha severson says:

that is an awesome cake!! i wish i was that good to make my own cakes!!

I love this section of your site! Great for inspiration and laughs, should I ever make my own attempt. What a talent Erna has!

27. michelle oakley warner says:

that is the coolest cake i have ever seen, wow i bet that was some work. looks absolutley amazing, great job. im going to have to try this out on a birthday, thanks for the idea

28. awesome!!!

29. What a sweet Lego cake! Lego is so timeless and I love the fact that you can mix old skool blocks with new sets! I remember buying a small plastic garbage container full of pieces at a garage sale when my kiddo was small. What an additional bonus that was to ad to the newer set pieces!

30. That is awesome! My kids would LOVE that cake. They love playing with their Legos.

31. Love the Lego cake. Never tried making one before!

32. Amy Heffernan says:

OMG AWESOME cake! What a great job!

33. That looks amazing! I’d like that for MY birthday!

34. i made a Lego cake for my son’s birthday this year, too!