Being a mom with 2 young kids I remember how hairy things could get while shopping. Especially if you have to do your grocery shopping, toiletry/household shopping and clothes shopping. I remember dreading shopping time because loading the kids in and out of the vehicle was tiring on them AND me! Because of this I was excited when a Superstore (Loblaw) popped up in our town. This one stop shop was perfect for a mom like me with 2 young kids. I could get all my shopping done in one place — including clothes for me and the kids!
While you are preparing to shop with your little ones, here are some great tips to get you in and out in a quick and savvy way:
1. Check the fridge and make a list of what you need to buy – Making a list allows you to target exactly which aisles to visit. No more aimless wandering around the store with you cart – just get in and get out!
2. Make a meal plan - By having a weekly meal plan, you know exactly what to buy and how much so that you make fewer trips to the grocery store and don’t waste the food you buy.
3. Bring a friend - Time flies when you’re having fun. Schedule a shopping date with a fellow mom and visit the store together! You can take turns shopping and watching the kiddies, or help each other by visiting different parts of the store and grabbing what you need. What a team!
4. Book a regular time with your spouse and find a babysitter - While this may not be the most romantic setting, booking a weekly grocery date with your spouse while the kids are with a sitter, friend or family member can help you shop savvy – and helps you spend some time together too.
5. Pick a store that has everything you need - Don’t waste time travelling to several stores. Visit a store that sells everything you need from baby, to food, to clothes for your entire family.
Loblaw is launching a new program perfect for moms called “The Mommy of all Baby Events“. From October 10 –24, Loblaw stores will have great promotions and events focusing on everything from cooking classes, dietitian demos, special sales and fun contests.
You can find out about all the great sales and demonstration schedules at themommyofallbabyevents.ca.