Put very simply, Once Upon A Child Winnipeg is a store that buys gently used clothes toys and equipment for children. But when you delve deeper into what this store is, it is so much more! Once Upon A Child Winnipeg is a place for families to save money and recycle their used goods rather than let them sit in the attic or dump them in a landfill. It is a place for moms to get the latest equipment for their children without paying an arm and a leg. Once Upon A Child helps parents gain back some of the money that is so often lost when buying products that will only be used by their children for a year or two at most.
If you have an excess of children’s goods sitting around your house and you want to get more for them than the couple of bucks you will when you host a garage sale, you should consider selling them to Once Upon A Child Winnipeg.
Tips for Selling Gently Used Children’s Items:
- In order for Once Upon A Child Winnipeg to offer the latest and greatest in styles at value prices, clothing and accessories must have been purchased within the last five years.
- Equipment and toys must meet current safety standards and include all parts. Not sure if your item qualifies? Bring it in and Once Upon A Child will check it out!
- Check out the what we buy page to see what types of items we buy and sell. Oftentimes they will buy items you have not even thought of!
- Be sure your apparel items are freshly laundered and in good condition – no stains, fading, or excessive wear.
- Just ask yourself the question, “Would I buy this if I came across it in a store?”
- Clean toys and equipment sell best.
- It is most efficient for Once Upon A Child to review items folded neatly or laid flat in a box, bin or tote. Please, no hangers or garbage bags, you aren’t donating them to goodwill or throwing them away.
- It’s always a good idea to call ahead to find out about what they are currently buying.
If you follow these quick and easy tips, you can rest assured on your way to the store knowing that you definitely brought the items that will be bought!