Taco Salad To Go

taco-salad-to-go

Packing school lunches can get tiring after a while, especially if your children are not a fan on sandwiches.

One fun lunch that my daughters love bringing to school is taco salad. I try to make taco salad for supper at least once every 2 weeks and then I make sure to have enough for the girls to bring some to school the next day.

Nobody likes soggy salad, so this is how I make Taco Salad to go…

Taco Salad To Go

• Lettuce and Tomatoes
  • Ground beef or elk with taco seasoning
  • Taco chips
  • Grated Cheese
  • Homemade thousand island dressing (or you could use salsa and sour cream)

taco-salad

When my girls get to school then dump it all together, mix in the dressing and enjoy. I think it’s a fun lunch to have once in a while and I love how easy it is to put together.

For this lunch I used this container. You can check out some other lunch ideas while you’re here.

What are some fun things your children like to have for lunch?

Comments

1. Love this idea, and the containers are great!

2. Anne Taylor says:

You are so creative! This would be a hit with anyone in my family, child or adult! Thanks for the idea!

3. It looks so good Jody! My son would love this! Angie xo

4. Florence C says:

The Taco Salad to Go is a great Idea. This is one of my grandson’s favorite things to eat.

5. Whenever we have tacos now I always make a taco salad instead. So much easier to keep the mess to a bowl rather than having stuff drop out of the shell and juices run down your hands and arms. LOL! And it tastes so good!

6. Great idea! So simple! :) Thank you for sharing

7. Stacy Scott says:

This is an Absolute amazing a Great idea! Thank you so much for sharing =) With 10 Children – We are always looking for fun and different ideas =) Thank you again =)

perfect for any kind of salad love so nothing gets soggy

9. cheryl mansfield says:

great idea. looks yummy !!!

10. yum!

11. Treen Goodwin says:

This is awesome . love the container , and so simple , thanks for sharing !

12. Love this idea as my Grandson is such a picky eater and only likes Jam sandwiches, this would make a great alternative!

13. love Taco salad and a neat idea for school lunches.

14. Tara Jensen says:

This is brilliant! I have a bunch of bento boxes sitting in the cupboard and never thought to try this..

15. Love this idea! I will certainly be packing this for lunch.

16. Neils Thor says:

So easy

17. Apart from the elk (sorry!), this sounds delicious! My whole gang would love this for lunch!

Yum! I love taco salad! Next time I make tacos, I’m going to take a taco salad for lunch, I’m also tired of sandwiches!

19. Judy C (Judy Cowan) says:

What a great idea! Definitely going to have to try and find some containers like that!

20. seham merzib says:

What a great idea!

21. This looks really yummy. Great for grown-up lunches, too.

22. Stacy Scott says:

Seriously What an Awesome Idea, I would have never even thought of something so good and so fun! Thank you so much for sharing, As being a mom to 10 I am always searching for New creative ideas for my babies =) Thank you again =)

23. This will be a great lunch.

24. Heather H says:

Love this idea !! I get so bored of sandwiches and thermos food .. what a great idea !!

25. Shannon Gnocato says:

What a great idea. My daughter has never been a fan of sandwiches so I find I always am trying to come up with new ideas for her lunch. Will definitely have to give this a try.

26. Emily Chui says:

That looks absolutely delicious, I’ll try it myself to bring to class!

great idea for school,my boy loves tacos

28. I love this idea, Looks and sounds delicious. thanks

29. kristen visser says:

oh wow this looks good! i pack my hubbys lunches everyday and i know he would loves this. good change from his sandwiches lol