Time Change Headache

time-change

With time change, often comes headaches, especially if you have little ones. It takes our internal clocks time to adjust to the new routine, and it often takes our kids a bit longer than we like for them to also adjust to the change.

So, for all of you who have, or are changing back the clocks this Sunday – we wish you a smooth transition.

How do you and your kids adjust to the time change normally? I know I am not looking forward to the long, dark winter evenings.

Take a look at our Humor board on Pinterest.

You can also sign-up to get an email update each day, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Blog Lovin’.

Cory Graham is married to his university sweetheart and father of two young children. Drawing Carl’s Life cartoons helps him to express that, what comes naturally to most, does not come naturally to all. All of life’s short comings are funny given enough distance and the right angle. Cory’s main philosophy is, “Live life and laugh at it”.

Comments

1. So happy and blessed that my daughter is spending the night at grandma and grandpa’s! ;)

2. I agree with the internal clock issue. Here I am up earlier than I need to be but it’s going to take a while to readjust my sleep pattern. I don’t mind the long dark winter evenings, we play more games and do more family crafty things.

I find the “get an extra hour of sleep” is a big lie! The sun still comes up and comes up at what seems like an hour earlier. It was a very sunny 6:45AM……on a Sunday.

4. Too funny! I’ve never seen these before. Going to check Carl’s Life out.

5. crissi knasel says:

great blog!

6. we try to keep it the same or just go to sleep a bit earlier

7. I’m not looking forward to the dark nights either! I wish we could be like Saskatchewan and not switch our clocks.

8. Rick Smith says:

Time changes take me weeks to adjust to (and weeks to get all the clocks changed).

9. Awesome post. It’s true due to the weather and time change, we get more headaches. However, we sleep faster in the winter. That’s the only reason I like the cold.

10. I’m in Saskatchewan, so we don’t have Daylight savings time. I’m glad we don’t have it, as I would find it a bit confusing, and hard to adapt to.

11. Cheryl Grandy says:

My schedule is so irregular that the time change doesn’t make much difference to me, and my children are grown up now so I don’t have to try to get them on schedule any more.
    I don’t think the time change is very useful or especially healthy for people who try to maintain a regular sleep schedule.

12. Richard Hicks says:

I think I have all the ones changed in the house. Next to tackle the confusing clock settings in the car!

13. It has been an adjustment to the time change!

14. Kayla Balko says:

This was the second time change with a baby (he was born in March). Maybe if I went to bed properly and not thinking I can stay up a bit longer because we gain an extra hour (the way I thought pre baby), I wouldn’t have been so tired (and still am :p )

15. I wish it were that simple, haha!

I don’t know how to get my LO to adjust to time changes yet.

16. It is so appropriate.