Christmas Cake ~ Merry Christmas from #CakesbyErna

A christmas cake

Some of my favorite memories of being a kid during Christmas was to sit by the Christmas tree and to look up at the twinkling lights. Me and my siblings would sit there endlessly dreaming about what was under the tree. Nothing sends the warm, cozy feeling of yuletide quite like a crackling fire by the tree.

A christmas cake

I started off this Christmas cake by covering the cake board with brown fondant for a wood floor. I stacked and carved the fireplace, tree, and chair out of chocolate cake and chocolate buttercream. Then it was all covered in fondant with a few extra details. This cake was so much fun to make. I loved how the holiday scene was slowly created from beginning to end.

christmas cake
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas with many warm and cozy nights by the tree!

Love Erna’s creations? You can see more HERE.

Also, be sure to check out our CAKE board on Pinterest.

Erna is a happily married stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. She fell in love with decorating cake after taking some local decorating courses. She is a hobby baker and decorates her creations  for her family and friends. Erna continues to do what she loves by working a few hours at a local bakery.

Comments

1. Darlene Schuller says:

Wow! How adorable!! I absolutely love this and saving it to make!! Thank you!

2. What a cool cake. Yum yum!!

3. This looks really great!

wish I had the talent to do this so cute

5. virginia b says:

looks awesome….a must try for the holidays

6. Her cakes are amazing! I wouldn’t want to cut into it, it’s so pretty!!

This is so cute, it’s hard to believe it’s made out of cake! I don’t think I would want to eat it, though, it’s just too adorable! :)

8. Deb Dorrington says:

Wow this cake is awesome, I so wish I was talented in decorating cakes. It’s funny the bakers that are make it look so easy but I don’t think it is..:)

9. OMG this is so cute! That is unbelievable. I wish I was that talented!

10. That cake is absolutely adorable, so clever!

11. Love this cake it is so cute and original too!

12. Oh wow! That is so amazing! It is too cute too eat!

13. i love this cake idea it’s amazing it’s so nice that you would not want to eat it afterwards

14. Lindsay Cyr says:

Wow, this is simply amazing! Great job Erna, I love it!

15. Judy C (Judy Cowan) says:

How cute! Would love to be able to decorate cakes like this but I am not that talented.

Everything she does is amazing! I wish I could make this as I would just love to see the kids faces, wondering how is this a cake?! They’d be amazed. It looks straight out of a story book.

17. Jacqui Odell says:

I love this!! SO cute!! It’s a special way to celebrate Christmas! Thanks for linking up to Party Time on Moms & Munchkins and we hope to see you next week.

18. So talented! I would love to be creative like this!

19. wow that’s amazing

When I first saw the title ‘Christmas Cake’ I thought about the fruit cakes with marzipan and love those but this looks so lovely!

21. Anne Taylor says:

This is just lovely and it would make a great conversational piece as well as being yummy, I’m sure!

22. This is a great way to celebrate Christmas and so cute! I don’t know if my cake would resemble this, but it would be fun to try!

23. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

marvellous, completely different to the usual run of the mill Christmas cakes or Yule logs.

24. I really do need to get out of the box on my decorating I think! These are great.

25. seham merzib says:

Looks good!

26. Jane Hammill says:

That’s looks wonderful and something to get the small people involved in thanks for a great post!

When I think Christmas Cake, I think of fruit and marzipan but this goes beyond the classic Christmas Cake…these look like fun and how creative!

28. Karen Evans says:

OMG…That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I am going to give it a try, myself..to surprise my grand children! Thank You So Much! :)

what an awesome cake,you have so much talent

30. What a beautiful cake. Too gorgeous to eat.