Since my husband and I have started eating real food, I wondered how I would deal with the holidays. With Valentine’s coming around the corner I wanted to make something we could enjoy, without “cheating”.
I decided that a parfait-for-2 could be a romantic type real food dessert – and these little 2 ingredient Valentine Bites make the perfect topper.
2 Ingredient Valentine Bites
Please note, these are not sweet at all, if you want them to be sweet (similar to a peanut butter cookie), you can add 1/4 cup of sugar to the ingredients. You can also substitute peanut butter for the sunflower seed butter if you like.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or almond butter)
- 1 small egg
- Turn oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat the egg and add the sunflower seed butter.
- Stir till it is a soft dough type consistency.
- Roll in little balls and press down with a fork on the cookie sheet (or use a small heart cookie cutter the size of a quarter).
- Put the cookie sheet in the fridge for a minimum 5 minutes
- Once the oven is preheated, put the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before removing the little bites.
These bites are easy to crumble. Before eating the parfait, crumble the Valentine Bite along with some coconut on the top and you’re set.
In this parfait I used:
- homemade yogurt
- walnuts (you could use sunflower seeds if you want to keep it nut-free)
On the top of the parfait, I crumbled a Valentine bite, cinnamon & extra coconut.
If you want it sweeter, you can add your choice of maple syrup, honey, agave – or you could use a store-bought sweetener yogurt if that is what you are used to.
Check out theses other Valentine inspired recipes:
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies
- Valentine Candy ~ Cupcake Surprise
- Skinny Raspberry Milkshake
- Cherry Bomb Brownies
This post was linked up to:
Wednesday: I Gotta Create