My husband and I have been making many variations of roasted chickpeas to enjoy as a healthy snack. One of our favorite combinations has just the right amount of kick to go with the crisp, which is why we have adopted the name crispy chickpeas with a kick (See our variations below too).
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Take 2 cups of dried chickpeas, rinse them and then soak them in 4 cups of water overnight.
- Rinse them again and then boil in water for 25 min.
- Strain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix all other ingredients. Once it is mixed, add the chickpeas and stir together making sure to coat liberally.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 400 till desired crispiness (about 30-40 min). Be sure to keep your eye on them as they can burn easily. (My husband loves the extra dark ones).
- Leave them out the cool. If you place them in a closed container, they will not be crispy.
Some other favorite seasoning include:
- soak them in HOT sauce for 30 minutes before roasting them – my husband says this is his new favorite!!
- sea salt & vinegar
- onion & garlic
Have you ever made roasted chickpeas? What are your favorite spices to add?
My husband and I have decided to live healthier this year. Our goal is to eat real food at least 90% of the time. We are adapting recipes to make them work with our new lifestyle.
Some recipes we try are not very good and some we love, so as we find recipes that we can adapt to fit our lifestyle we will continue to share them with you here on the blog each Thursday.
You can follow our journey by following the hashtag #teamtrevjody