Is a professional hair dryer worth the cost?

professional-hair-dryer

I have never owned a professional hair dryer until now. I saved up my money to make sure I always had a professional flat iron, but when it came to a hair dryer, I kept using the same old one that I’ve had forever.

This past year I really noticed that my hair seemed lifeless. It had no body and seemed to have a mind of it’s own so when I had the opportunity to try out a professional hair product I thought it was high time I tried out a professional hair dryer to see if I was really missing out. My question was, is a professional hair dryer worth the price?

I got the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer to try out.

karmin-professional

What the brand says:

Karmin is proud to introduce the New G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer. Being the first hair dryer added to the Karmin Professional Hair Tools line it is definitely no surprise that it surpasses the standards of a professional hair dryer!

Providing you with exactly what you would expect from the Karmin brand, this professional blow dryer features a powerful 2000 watts for unbeatable power and incredibly fast drying results.

The ceramic heating makes for healthier hair styling and the ionic technology produces a faster drying time and emits negative ions for smooth, soft and shiny results that you would come to expect from a professional hair dryer. The narrow nozzle attachment allows for you to style and design easily using your favorite hair styling brush as well as concentrate on shaping smaller sections of hair such as your bangs.

What I say:

I have been using the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer for over a week now and there are a few things I noticed right away. First, as far as the actual product, the hair dryer is small and light with a long cord. I love the long cord so I peek on the kids while I am drying my hair. The other thing I love is that it is also much quieter than I am used to, that comes in handy on mornings I have to get ready before the kids are awake!

The Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer dries my hair completely differently. My hair is dry in about half the time that it used to take to dry my hair which is super helpful on my busy mornings. The other thing is that I don’t have to straighten my hair after blow drying it. How did I live without this. I do not know what it is about this hair dryer, but it takes the frizz away and my hair looks straight with a bit of body.  The Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer has been such a time saver and I can’t stop touching my hair now, it feels so soft! It’s funny, but I should also mention that since I got this hair dryer, the only time I use my flat iron is if I want to curl my hair.

So there you have it.

Is a professional hair dryer worth the cost?

Well, I can not speak for all professional hair dryers, but the Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Dryer is worth it for me. Half the drying time, soft hair and no need to flat iron after drying means a lot of time saved in the mornings. Time is worth a lot to this busy mom!

The price: $189.95 (CAD) Be sure to connect with Karmin on Facebook so you can keep up with special offers and sales!

karmin hair dryer

disclaimer

Comments

1. Sounds like a great product! I think you do get what you pay for when it comes to some items like this… The price though is a little out of my range for a dryer. Maybe one day :)

2. nicolthepickle says:

Thanks, I’ve wondered that about straighteners and curlers, but it never occurred to me that hair dryers would be the same.

3. I have never owned a professional hair dryer and truly appreciate your insight regarding your experience with the Karmin. Having less drying time would be fabulous, especially since I have a little one that requires all my attention..hehe Thanks Jody and fab post!!!!

4. Thanks so much for sharing this Jody, I’ve always wondered if they are worth the extra (and presumed that they were!). I’ll be interested to find out how much longer they actually last. One of things I find with the cheaper driers is that they don’t last long. I suppose when you add up how many of them you need to buy, that may all balance out in the end! Thanks again!!

• Peggy, That is actually something I had not considered. I know this Karmin professional hair dryer has a 3 year warranty, but I would not be surprised if it lasts longer than that.
      I am a busy mom, so I love the extra time I have now that I can dry my hair faster.
      Thanks for your comment!

5. I had a conair $19.99 one that I had since I was old enough to move out! I finally cracked and bought one from the salon and holy crap YES, what a difference. It’s got an ION feature and I love it. makes my hair so smooth when I’m going for the sleek look. Also my type of brush probably helps with that too! but I notice the difference when using hotel hair dryers!!

6. Jacqueline Sampson says:

ahhh YES!! it is WAYYYYY important to have a professional hair dryer!! I never knew the difference either until I went to hair school…but then again I ask myself Why didn’t it “click” with me as I always saw a major difference whenever I went and got my hair done! Sure your stylist can be amazing at what they do…but they can’t do it without the proper tools and products ;)

7. Aarti Missra says:

I don’t really use my hair dryer much because my hair becomes a big, poofy, frizzy mess. I always thought I should invest in a better one, but have always been afraid it’ll be a waste of money. Leaning more towards going for it now.

8. Debbie White Beattie says:

I’m so glad I checked this review. I’ve been looking for a new blow dryer and you have just told me everything I needed to know about this blow dryer. I’m pretty sure that all professional blow dryers are better than cheap department store brands are, but you just narrowed down my search. Thanks

9. Florence C says:

Sounds like a great hair dryer. I would assume it would last longer also. The cheaper hairdryers don’t last long. It is like most things you get what you pay for.

10. I still own the hair dryer I bought 20 years ago. Sounds like this one is much better, not surprisingly :)

11. I too never thought much about spending money on a professional hair dryer! There seem to be a lot of good options at the drugstore, and the expensive ones are really expensive. However, reading your review, I think I will need to save up and splurge on a high-end hair dryer!

12. I think if I owned a professional hair dryer I would dry my hair more and style it. That is a steep price tag though

13. Lynda Cook says:

would of never thought of a professional hair dryer being any better then a cheaper store brand blower

14. Elaine Jasvins says:

that is interesting, I have to buy a hair dryer soon and this will definately change my original opinion.

15. I pretty much blow dry my hair every other day….and it’s so long that it takes forever. I’ve been meaning to check into getting a pro dryer just to see if it would be faster….you’ve convinced me. I’m definitely going to need to purchase one soon. :)

16. My husband bought me an expensive hair dryer for Christmas a couple years ago and it is truly so much better than the cheap ones I’d used/owned before!

17. ellen chevarie says:

I too have been in dire need of a new blow dryer.last one I paid $30.00 for and that was 8 years ago.(I know).really enjoyed the review and am looking forward to when I own one of these dryers(im giving husnand and kids heads up for bday)

18. Todd greencorn says:

Anything that would make my girlfriends life easier in the morning would be totally worth it

19. Nicole Rempel says:

A friend of mine has the same hair dryer. If I used one I’d purchase it for myself!