One of my favorite recipes is Quinoa & Mushroom Stuffed Peppers. These long sweet peppers are perfect for this healthy, delicious supper.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 5-6 long sweet red peppers, slices in half
- salt (I use Pink Himalayan)
- In a large pan saute chopped onion and mushrooms in coconut oil.
- Add in the quinoa and chicken broth to the pan and cover.
- Simmer for 35 - 40 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked, add salt to taste.
- Put the quinoa filling into the sliced peppers on a pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
This recipe was loved by our whole family. Even our 5 and 8 year old girls asked for second helping.