In the last few weeks I have been told numerous times that people are loving the photos of food that I post on Instagram.
Although I am in no way a food photographer, there are some tips I would love to share with you that helped me improve.
Tips for improving food photos!
- Your camera makes a difference. When I post pictures to my blog, I love using my DSLR camera because the quality makes a huge difference. If you are taking photos for Instagram like I do, try to hold your smartphone as still as you can and make sure your shadow is out of the view.
- Try to use natural light if possible. Photos I take at supper are never as nice as the ones I take during the day.
- Plan your background. Food looks more appealing if it does not have a big mess in the background. You can place your dishes on a place-mat or a pretty piece of paper to change things up. You can find all kinds of nice place-mats at second hand stores for a great deal.
- Use a variety of dishes. If you can, try to change up the dish you are displaying your food in, variety keeps people interested. Again, you can pick up dishes for a good price at second hand stores.
- Use CLEAN dishes. There is nothing worse than looking at a beautiful food photo and noticing stuck on dried food stuck to the dish.
For my readers who have been following the blog for a while, there are 2 things you likely know. You likely know that I am a huge FINISH lover because it works so well, another thing you will know that my husband and I have recently made the decision to live healthier this year. One of the ways we are living better is by eating real food.
When I heard about Finish Quantum coming up with Finish Power & Free (which uses Hydrogen Peroxide Action which combines water and active oxygen to give you the clean and shine with less harsh chemicals), I was excited. I am a busy mom and love using my dishwasher.
I have been using the new product for a few days and I can not tell a difference in they way this Finish Power & Free Quantum cleans vs the way the regular Finish Quantum cleans, so the fact that is has less harsh chemicals has me sold.
I hope more companies continue to make their products better – it’s a long road, but I’m happy to see that Finish hears peoples concerns and is now offering a sparkling clean with less harsh chemicals.
The Finish® Power & Free™ line-up of products includes Quantum®, Powerball®, and Jet-Dry®. Check out the Finish Facebook Page for a FREE sample to try it out for yourself.
Disclosure – I am participating in the #FinishPowerandFree Campaign on behalf of Finish & Mom Central Canada. I received compensation as a thank you for participating and for sharing my honest opinion.