Volkswagen Hippie Cake

Hippie-Cake

Volkswagen Hippie Cake

When I go to work on Fridays, I usually have no idea what kind of cakes I get to make that day. Some are more intimidating than others and some are just plain fun.

The Volkswagen Hippie cake was in the fun category!

Who doesn’t love throwing on random hearts and flowers onto a cake. Not to mention that the hippie van shape is pretty straight forward, so not to difficult with covering in fondant.

Then all you have to do is add the love!

Groovy…

vw-cake

Love Erna’s Cake creations? You can see more HERE.

Also, be sure to check out our CAKE board on Pinterest.

Erna is a happily married stay-at-home mom to three beautiful children. She fell in love with decorating cake after taking some local decorating courses. She is a hobby baker and decorates her creations  for her family and friends. Erna continues to do what she loves by working a few hours at a local bakery.

Comments

1. Jane Hammill says:

wow this is great!! I love it takes me back to my lost youth. I had a VW Beatle as a young gal but always yearned for a VW van. The cake looks amazing thanks

2. This is so awesome! My husband would adore one of these for his birthday!!

3. Holly Messana says:

I love this cake!!! It looks so amazing. I really enjoy making cakes for my kids birthday, this would be great to make for my sister, she always wanted a Hippie VW

4. That is such a beautiful and cool cake! Love the picture!

5. so cute, luv the VW bus!

6. Love this cake its so cute!

7. Wonderful cake- very detailed.

8. BobbiJo pentney says:

I love this cake, it reminds me of Scooby Doo.

9. Jennifer M says:

Omg ! Amazing! You are so talented!

10. That is the coolest cake I have ever seen!!!!

11. photomanbc says:

Nice Cake! I’ve not made a Cake using fondant before, I always just use Butter cream Icing but love making Flowers, Animals or just Fun Shapes or Patterns on my Cakes.

12. What a great job you did on the cake,I’ve never used fondant before .

13. SO cute!

14. candy kratzer says:

This cake looks so amazing. Fondant never works out for me.

15. So cute! My hubby would love this!

16. Mmmmm, I love the look of fondant and if it’s homemade it tastes so good!

17. Maegan Morin says:

Wow that is a really awesome cake!

18. andrea lamont says:

Love it! Wish I could make things like this!

19. Eeeee! I love it :D It’s almost hard to believe it’s a cake :) Amazing work

20. Carol Denny says:

Love the hippy cake!

21. This is awesome! What a great job on this cake!

so cool, very talented in cake making.

23. omg I love this……my son is a big Scoooby Doo fan and this reminds me of the Mystery Machine!!!

24. angie andrews says:

Love this cake :)

25. That cake is sooo cute. My hippie family would go nuts over it.

26. Florence C says:

Love the Cake. Great work. My husband would love this he always talks about his first vehicle which was a Volkswagen van. He may have been a hippy too LOL

27. This looks so yummy. Reminds of the Beatles era and all the good times

28. This is indeed a cool cake.

29. kerry mckinson says:

Wow that looks great, I’ve always wanted to get into cake making.
    I definitely don’t have what it takes to come up with something like this
    LOL

30. Elaine Jasvins says:

Love the cake, my kids are looking for a real one so they can tour around.

31. Love the colours!

32. thomas rusinak says:

what next a ford focus cake….neat and creative…would hate to eat!

33. omg that is too precious!!

34. Wanda Bergman says:

Fascinating! I’ve always thought these vans were so cool so I love the looks of this cake!

35. Lemon_cupid says:

This cake is way too cute!

36. this is awesome! I would love to make this for my dads birthday!

37. I know someone who would LOVE this for their birthday! fun cakes are always the spotlight of a party!

38. Aimée Robison says:

OMG – I love this. Very detailed. I wish I could decorate cakes like this.

39. My neice makes a lot of fun cakes for birthdays and special days. This cake is so cute!

40. sarah j jackson says:

OH WOW how amazing !! that is the coolest cake ever ! wish I had some talent for these kind of things .

41. i love VW family.

42. So Hippie looking…brings back a few good memories.

43. my cousin and I still play volkswagon when we are in the car. this would be perfect for him

44. Brandee H says:

This is amazing. I can’t even imagine how long this must have taken!!!

45. Judy C (Judy Cowan) says:

What a cool cake! Love the colours on it!

46. Suzanne G says:

This cake is so adorable and I am sure the customer really enjoyed receiving it. It made me think back to the sixties when I was a young teen and having a fun times.

47. Vicki Davidson says:

My hubby would love this cake for his birthday! Gorgeous!

48. Jaime Brown says:

That is so cool, I have always wanted to be able to decorate cakes, but my cakes don’t turn out so good lol. Where did you learn how to do such awesome cakes?

49. Jenny nicole says:

i haven’t seen a hippie car or van in a while! This is so cute and reminds me of one I saw quite frequently when I lived in my hometown! Cool cake!

50. My nephew has a Westphalia (sp) – this cake would be awesome for him!

51. This is a very cute cake, the van reminds me of the van on Scooby Doo, very nicely done. Thank you for this groovy post.

52. When I saw the title of the post I wondered what the heck? But now I see it’s such a cute cake! Love the design..

53. Jenn Erin says:

Such a fun and neat cake! We usually go with the traditional cakes but my kids would probably go crazy for cake like this! It’s so different from our usual that’s for sure.

54. What a cool cake! It’s too cute to eat!

55. Michelle armstrong says:

Awesome cake. Wish I eat some. Lol

56. Deb Dorrington says:

Wow this is quite a cake, so cool and I love it. My older cousin had a Volkswagen van just like this, I would love to present them with a cake like this as it would bring back a lot of happy memories.

57. This is a really cool cake. This is a neat hobby to have.

58. This cake looks awesome!

59. Anne Taylor says:

Love this cake! Its perfect for any Hippy in any family!

60. That is the cutest cake I have seen. Love, love, love it.

61. That is so cool!

62. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

Wow, that is one fantastic VW hippie van. How on earth do you come up with these fabulous ideas? Marvellous :-)

63. this is so cool I love it I know my son would as well

64. Amie Gaudet says:

Love this. Great job

65. Kristy. V says:

What an AB FAB cake!! Perfect for any flower children (baby boomers) having fun bday parties!

66. AH-mazing!! So cool : )

67. Shannon Gnocato says:

That’s so awesome! Would never have thought of doing something like that – truly amazing.

omg,this is fantastic…what a job

69. Jennifer Geddes says:

That is so cute! I wish I could make cakes like that!

for fun we tried thid but believe me it looked nothing like this,but we had a blast trying

I love this cake! It reminds me of the VW bus my brother had in our younger days! :)

72. Brings back some childhood memories for me.

73. Lynda Cook says:

Love, love, love this cake the hippie van is my all time fav.

74. Seriously coolest cake EVER!!! If it was GF, that would totally be ME! :D

75. Karen Evans says:

Just as I figure nothing else can surprise me, along comes a Van…made out of cake! As a “child’ of the 70’s. There wasn’t a time that I didn’t see a van zipping up and down the road (or be a passenger in one.). Now, I can (possibly) make one using cake. I am going to print the receipe out and surprise my grandchildren. Thank You so much! :)

76. Most incredible cake I have ever seen…but my lady friend who is so talented could probably accomplish this too

77. donna makayak says:

i use to love to do these projects with my younger sister at 15 years years now shes going through the stage of rather doing her own thing.

78. Emily Chui says:

That is amazing!

79. Oh gosh! My brother would love this. I’ve never worked with fondant – do you like it?

80. That is a great cake. Would be great for any hippie fans

81. Too cute!

82. Lynda Cook says:

I love hippie vans so much my husband said he is going to buy me one, so when I seen this cake I absolutely fell in love with it!!

83. This is groovy, man! :D