Living in a small house I often find myself very short on wall space. I often have to take photos down and replace them with new ones before I am feeling ready to do so. Because of that, I’m always trying to find unique ways to display my pictures. Having already filled my fridge and having a large canvas wall print, I wanted to find some other way to display multiple pictures in a nice way. That’s when I came up with the coolest way display of all in my opinion… a photo lamp. A Pinterest project you will love.
DIY Photo Lamp
- Tracing or vellum paper
- A printer
- A lamp and lampshade (available here)
- Scotch tape
- Scissors or a paper trimmer
- Photo editing or scrap booking software, even Microsoft Word would work if you don’t have any other program
In your editing program create a collage according to the dimensions of your lampshade and paper available.
Collage Preparation Tips
- I highly recommend changing your photos to black and white to give a more elegant looking lamp, if your program doesn’t give you that option try changing your printer settings to print in black and white only. Hint: If you’re going to make more than one, either as a gift or to sell, you’ll want to get a laser printer!
- Also, make sure to leave at least ½ and inch at the end so you can overlap the paper, some lamp shades may need 2-3 different papers to cover the length so in that case make sure to leave the space on both sides.
After measuring your lamp, paper and designing your collage, cut the vellum or tracing paper accordingly to fit into your printer.
Print your collage onto the vellum or tracing paper, double check your placement and measurements and trim again if needed.
Wrap your paper on the outside of the lampshade and tape into place.
Turn your lamp on and voila, a photo lamp!
Check out our boards on Pinterest for more great ideas!
You may also like these posts on Mommy Moment.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on:
Nadine is a stay at home mom/professional photographer from Winnipeg who specializes in children and newborn photography. You can see some of her work at www.allurebebe.com. She has 3 wonderful children Caleb 9, Amélie 7 and Leia 2 and has been married to her best friend for the past 10 years. Nadine loves photography, baking, reading, crafting, helping people and finding daily ways to teach all these loves to her children and others around her.