Being healthy and eating real food does not mean you have to sacrifice all your favorite treats. My daughters love hot chocolate so I was determined to come up with a healthy homemade hot chocolate recipe our whole family would enjoy.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp raw organic cocao (raw cacao is rich in antioxidants. Do not confuse it with cocoa, it's not the same thing).
- 1 cup almond milk*
- 4 dates
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or any nut/seed butter of your choice)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. (I use a Vitamix)
- Blend on high speed for 5-6 minutes.
- Pour into your favorite mug and enjoy.
- When using a Vitamix the hot chocolate comes out nice and steamy. If yours is not hot, you can put it into a saucepan and heat till desired temperature.
- *You can use water or regular milk in place of the almond milk if you prefer.
For a variation of this healthy homemade hot chocolate you can add some instant coffee grinds (or a whole coffee bean if using a Vitamix) to get a healthy mocha type drink!
Need some other delicious drink ideas?
You can check out my Delicious Drinks board on Pinterest and enjoy these other drink recipes below.