Dealing with seasonal allergies is no fun. Last year my daughter had allergy testing done. We already knew that she had rhinitis and the test confirmed that she had other seasonal allergies as well.
I don’t know if you are familiar with hydraSense, but it is a nasal rinse made with seawater that clears out sinuses. Because it is made with 100% natural-source sea water, it’s suitable to use even on infants – which is great news for moms, because cough and cold meds can’t be used on kids younger than age 6, and hydraSense can help little ones feel better when they are sick and stuffed up.
We decided to try non-medicinal options to relieve our daughters symptoms. Kate loves the hydraSense – she likes the seawater that is used in the products and she says that it really helps her symptoms to go away. She is very independent when it comes to taking care of herself. I often see her using the spray and then washing out the nasal applicator so it is ready for the next use. (In the photo at the top of the blog post she has her head straight – she tilts it to the side when she sprays so that it flows out the other nostril.)
I have not been one to really suffer with allergies myself, but I do get regular headaches. I decided to try using the hydraSense congestion relief myself when I felt a headache coming on. It helped for me have my sinuses clear my headache felt much more bearable.
I really trust using hydraSense for my family. I love that the product is made using 100% natural-source seawater and NO preservatives.
One lucky Canadian Mommy Moment Reader will win a hydraSense prize pack valued at $120.00!
To enter to win, leave a blog post comment telling us why you would like to win.
More product information from the brand:
• Made with 100% undiluted natural-source seawater
• Saline irrigation can reduce nasal inflammation and congestion from colds, sinus
infections or allergies, with minimal side effects
• hydraSense® Daily Nasal Care (including Medium Stream, Gentle Mist and To Go) is
made of a salt concentration similar to that of the human body . So it is gentle enough
to clear, cleanse and hydrate even the most sensitive noses, like your baby’s.
• hydrasense® Speciality Care (including Congestion Relief and Allergy) is made of a salt
concentration higher than the salt content in our bodies. This gives it the power to
provide sinus congestion relief with no rebound effects.
• Nasal congestion in newborns and infants can create breathing difficulties; if they can’t
breathe properly while breastfeeding, the congestion may cause feeding problems as
• Infants also can’t spit out mucus that is coughed up, which could make them gag or
• Saline nose drops or spray, like hydraSense Easydose, can be used to clean the nose.
• The hydraSense Nasal Aspirator can be used to clear the passages, to draw the clogged
mucus out of the nose, which should allow your baby to breathe.