There are so many uses for essential oils, from using them topically, internally or aromatically. Here are 15 uses for lemon essential oils that you can use for yourself and in your home.
- Use lemon oil to remove sticky residue left behind from stickers or temporary tattoos.
- Lemon is considered to be an excellent antibacterial agent. This makes it a good choice for respiratory infections or inflammation.
- Add a few drops of Lemon oil to warm water with honey to provide relief from coughs or sore throats.
- Lemon aroma can be uplifting and help lighten mood and cognitive ability.
- Lemon oil can be added to a glass of water as a purifier and for a healthy energizing boost throughout the day.
- Lemon oil has also been known to strengthen fingernails. Simply apply the oil directly onto the nails.
- Lemon essential oil can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home.
- Lemon essential oil can be added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts or main dishes. (We love using it, or lime oil, in our homemade guacamole).
- Taken internally, Lemon provides cleansing and digestive benefits.
- Lemon oil can be used as furniture polish. Add a few drops to olive oil to your lemon oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes/floors.
- Put lemon oil on a cloth and use it to preserve your leather furniture and leather garments.
- Lemon essential oil can be used as an insect repellent.
- Use lemon essential oil to wash fruit and vegetables. Add a few drops of Lemon to a sink full of water, place fruits or vegetables into the water and soak for a few minutes.
- Use lemon essential oil as a powerful antiseptic and to improve circulation, just rub a few drops on the bottom of your feet or topically on the area with poor circulation.
- Add a drop or 2 of lemon essential oil to a glass bottle of sparkling water for a refreshing, tasty drink. (This is what my husband enjoys drinking instead of pop).
Please note: doTERRA essential oils are certified therapeutic grade, and their lemon essential oil is safe to take internally, I can not speak to other brands. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying any lemon oil topically.
Do you want to be empowered with natural ways to care for yourself and your family?
My husband Trevor and I started a Facebook Group called Essential Oils With Trevor & Jody. This group is for anyone who has used essential oils or wants to know more about them. The group is a place to discuss how we use essential oils, recipes, testimonials and a place to ask any questions about the oils or their uses.
If you are interested in purchasing essential oils, see the different retail/wholesale options and prices HERE.