Blueberries are in season and I couldn’t be happier. This beautiful blueberry mint tea only uses a few natural, pure ingredients making it a truly delightful afternoon treat. (It would be perfect to have with this sprouted grain blueberry banana bread – oh yum).
I love to sit on my front porch, hearing the birds chirping while I write blog posts and sip this blueberry mint infused drink.
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup water
- 4 mint leaves (or one drop of peppermint essential oil)
- 1½ cup boiled water
- honey (or sweetener of choice - optional)
- In a saucepan bring blueberries to boil with ¼ cup water (& honey or sweetener if desired).
- Push the blueberries against the side of the pot to release juices. stir and mash for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over another small pot. Pour the blueberry juice through the sieve. Again, mash the blueberries against the side of mesh to release juices. Discard mashed blueberries. Set the pot of juice on the stove over low heat to keep warm.
- Boil about 1½ cups of hot water and add mint leaves or peppermint essential oil. Cover and let sit for 4 minutes.
- Pour equal amounts of the blueberry juice into 2 teacups. Fill the teacups up to the top with the mint infused boiling water. Add more honey or sweetener of choice if desired.
Mint leaves are wonderful in this drink, you can also use peppermint essential oil, or you could even make a cup of your favorite peppermint tea and add the homemade blueberry juice – be creative and enjoy this delightful blueberry mint combination.
If you are interested in essential oils, feel free to join the private Facebook group my husband and I have – Essential Oils with Trevor and Jody.
Here are some other blueberry recipes from other blogs: Blueberry & Quinoa Salad with Flax Lemon Vinaigrette, homemade blueberry tarts, blueberry pie, blueberry cheese tarts, blueberry lemon cupcakes, blueberry passionfruit margaritas, blueberry smoothie and blueberry ice cream.