Sand Castle Cake

Summer is finally here! We are so excited for picnics, camping and days at the beach. My daughters last day of school for the summer was last Wednesday and to celebrate I made a sand castle cake.

Sand Castle Cake
A sand castle cake is really fun to make. You can, of course, make any shape that you want. I went with a double stack. All you have to do is ice your cakes in buttercream and then add the “sand”.  That’s where crushed up graham crackers come in handy. You just press the crumbs up against the cake and it sticks on to look like sand.

To finish it off, add some seashells, pearls, starfish and a flag. I took some pictures as I made the shells and starfish. They are quite simple to make but add that finishing touch to any beach themed party!

Sand Castle Cake

Sand Castle Cake

Check out more of Erna’s fantastic creations HERE or check out our Creative Cakes Board on Pinterest.

Erna-signature

You can sign-up to get an email update each day, follow Mommy Moment on TwitterFacebookPinterestInstagramGoogle+,Blog Lovin’ and Sulia!

Comments

awesome job,i love it !

2. This is gorgeous! I envy people with this talent. If I attempted it, it would probably look like a wave washed it away, lol.

3. Monique says:

Cute cake!

4. What a gorgeous cake, Erna! I’ve got to try it. :)

5. Elizabeth W. says:

Oh wow! I think I’ll have to try some of these ideas on a future cake.

6. Wow that is a really creative cake!

7. very cool! i’ll show this to my wife she’s the cake maker lol

8. That sure looks yummy!

9. Ester G says:

This is so sweet, I cannot wait to make this for my mom’s birthday next month!!

10. This cake looks great! Almost too nice to eat :)

11. heidi c. says:

I wish that I was this creative! I have trouble making a sand castle at the beach let alone a sand castle cake :).

12. THis is absolutely lovely!!! I love this idea! looks like a real sand castle!! wonderful!

13. Susan T. says:

That is super creative and really cute! I love the little seashells!

14. kristen visser says:

this is totally awesome!!!! how creative. awesome job!!!

15. Karin Dollery says:

This is a reall awesome cake for the summer. It looks like it may be a bit out of my league but I think my friend Jenn and I are going to give it a shot. I think I might like to try and do the shells :)