Beet and Peach Homemade BBQ Sauce (Tomato Free)

This beet and peach homemade bbq sauce is great for those with food allergies or people who need to omit nightshades from their diet. Don’t let the lack of tomatoes keep you from trying this tasty recipe creation. ~ recipe and post written by Trevor.

beet-peach-bbq-sauce

As many of you know, Jody and I have made a drastic lifestyle change back in January of this year. This includes everything from way of thinking to eating.  This has been great for us…however there are times where it can be hard.  We have had to give up certain foods that we loved.  And since Jody has been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, she has had to amp it up even more and had to eliminate nightshades.  This includes tomatoes, eggplant, peppers of any kind, potatoes and many other common veggies.  However, we have discovered that we can modify ingredients to suit our new lifestyle.  Here is what we have come up with.

tomato-free-bbq-sauce

I love to BBQ.  And with that comes all sorts of sauces, rubs and seasoning.  And the common denominator in all of these is sugar and often tomatoes,  however we have invented a refined sugar free, nightshade/tomato free BBQ sauce.  Here is the skinny:

ingredients:

1 small beet (or 1/2 a large beet)

2 tbsp nitrate free molasses

1 tsp honey

1 ripe peach

pinch of salt

1 1/2 tbsp cider vinegar

Directions:

SImply place all these ingredients in your high speed blender (we used a vitamix) and let it mix for 5 min.  This will give all the ingredients to marry together and become the wonderful sauce it can become.

How often can you come up with a BBQ sauce that is free of sugar and tomatoes, yet full of flavor.  This is a great option for cooking outside and on the BBQ.  This would pair great with chicken and a nice salad.

Other recipes with peaches: Peaches and Cream BarsPeach Bundt CakePeach Crisp with Coconut & Ginger CrumblePeaches and Cream Oatmeal MuffinsPeach Bellini Mocktail

trevor

You can
sign-up to get an email update each day. Connect with us on Pinterest and Instagram and Facebook

Linked up at Tidy MomCraftberry BushDIY DreamerSkip to My LouEchoes of Laughter

Comments

1. This sounds so good. I love beets. I Will have to give this a try!

2. Diana Powell says:

Going camping for a week and definitely going to try this !

3. Amy Heffernan says:

Oh yummy! This sounds VERY good!

4. Lynda Cook says:

I sure wished I had a Vitamix, so I could make this up sounds so good, my grandmother made a beet jam and it was awesome!!

5. Amy Lovell says:

Thanks sounds delicious! Will definatly try it!

6. I really love beets! This combined with peaches sounds delicious!

7. DARLENE W says:

Interesting, I too love beets, this would be a great alternative

8. Judy Cowan says:

I never thought about making BBQ sauce with beets but I am sure it would be great! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

9. Wow, i’ve never seen this kind of non-tomato BBQ sauce recipe before! Will definitely have to try it out – looks good!

10. Elva Roberts says:

We have been trying to eat a healthier diet and this recipe will be very welcome at our table. Thank you so much.

11. I never thought of beets before. Both main ingredients have a lot of natural sugars and would caramelize beautifully on bbq meat

Ive got to give this a try, I could use a change from tomato based BBQ sauces!

13. This sounds interesting :)

14. Peaches for a bbq sauce sounds tasty. Beets I’m definitely curious about….

15. Love this idea – Beets and Peaches are two faves – I think they would make a perfect combination for a bbq sauce for lots of meat. Can’t wait to try them!

Thanks,this sounds so good,going to try this

17. wow, interesting recipe! must try!

18. I love beets, but I am not quite sure this would be for me….

19. I am not a fan of BBQ sauce but this one looks very tasty. The combination of beets and peaches is very interesting, I think I may just give it a try.

20. great recipe Thanks

21. Christy E says:

This looks great thanks – have beets ready from the garden now!

going to give this to my friend she can t eat anything with tomato

23. Good for you guys for using food (or lack of) to treat illness. I have found that there are so many natural cures, or diets that can really help instead of medicines. This recipe looks good. Although, I doubt my family would let me make it . They would have already eaten all of the peaches :)

24. Do you use the beets raw? Aren’t they difficult to blend? I hope to try this soon!