Salt Dough Craft Ideas

As I am looking through craft ideas on Pinterest and the Internet, I am noticing a trend that keeps popping up — crafts using salt dough.  Have you ever made a craft using salt dough?  Here are some great suggestions if you are looking for Salt Dough Craft Ideas.

Salt Dough Craft Ideas

One of the cutest salt dough craft ideas we have seen, is the salt dough handprint by one of our contributors, Jennifer.  These handprints would be a cute gift for a grandparent or keepsake.

Salt Dough Handprint

This “Dad Rocks” Salt Dough Paperweight would be the perfect craft/gift for Father’s Day!  This simple and easy craft could be customized with anything to create a gift for someone else — teacher, grandparent, aunt etc.

Salt Dough Father's Day Craft

These adorable salt dough magnets would look great on any fridge:

salt dough magnets

With Christmas right around the corner (yes – less than 5 months away!!) make these homemade salt dough Christmas ornaments to decorate your tree:

salt dough christmas ornaments

Check out these other great salt dough crafts:

Owl Ornaments — homemade BY JILL

Snake Craft — Frugal Fun for Boys

Snow Family — Daddy Dan 360

Do you have any salt dough craft ideas?

Angela Signature

Comments

1. Jennifer P. says:

I love the idea of doing a handprint ornament of my baby’s handprint! Maybe I will do a magnet of it too. The butterfly magnets are beautiful, but I am not sure I am talented enough to pull that off!

2. Stephanie LaPlante says:

This is quite a cute craft.

3. DARLENE W says:

Always looking for craft ideas to do with the grandkids

4. I love the “Dad Rocks” idea, I am going to have to try this at home :)

we did these one year for christmas decorations.

6. This is a great idea

7. Sandi Tymchuk says:

I have nice memories of salt dough from elementary arts projects. I would use it today to make Christmas ornaments.

8. I love this! So amazing! The little ornaments and hand print! so wonderful !I made heart ones before. I painted them and added glitter. :D So lovely!

9. This is AWESOME! A must do in our house, thanks!

10. GREAT IDEAS

11. DARLENE W says:

I remember making a salt and flour map for a geography project so may years ago. what great fun

I love this little craft,so cute

13. KIDS LOVE IT

14. Elizabeth Matthiesen says:

I remember making Christmas decorations with salt dough when my children were young – and that’s donkeys years ago! We had great fun and they even lasted a few years which surprised me.

15. Judy Cowan says:

I remember making Christmas ornaments when I was a child with the salt dough but have never really thought about doing it, thanks for the reminder!