Root Vegetables are plentiful this time of year. This Paleo Veggie Hamburger Soup is packed full of root veggies and hamburger making it a hearty paleo soup perfect for these cooler fall days. This soup is free of tomatoes for other people like me who have to remove Nightshades from their way of eating (often because of an auto-immune disease). We absolutely love having soups and stews in Fall.
For this Hamburger Soup Recipe you will need:
- 2 quarts of chicken broth
- 5 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 small beets (peeled and finely chopped – we used our vitamix)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 lbs of fried hamburger
Don’t let the lack of tomatoes fool you – this soup is sure to please Paleo and non-paleo lovers alike.
Linked up at Skip to My Lou