Orange cranberry muffins – a boost of energy and a treat for your tastebuds! Gluten FREE has never tasted so good! Tantalizing cranberries mingled with the fresh taste of orange and tangy lemon.
These delicious muffins are perfect to begin your morning, pack in your kids’ lunches, or satisfy your mid-afternoon munchies while fueling your body with the energy you need.
Eat these delicious morsels while they are still warm, or pop in the microwave for a few seconds and smother in creamy grass-fed butter.
Note: To make these DAIRY FREE, simply cut out the greek yogurt, and you’ll be left with an amazingly flavorful muffin!
ORANGE CRANBERRY MUFFINS
- 3 cups gluten-free oats (or gluten free oat flour)
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⅛ tsp sea salt
- 2¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbs fresh orange zest
- 1⅓ cups dried cranberries, unsweetened (or sweetened with apple juice)
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw honey
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with baking cups or non-stick boing spray.
- Place 2 cups of oats in a blender and pulse on high until you have soft, fine flour (or use the gluten free oat flour).
- Pour into a large mixing bowl and add the remaining 1 cup oats, chia seeds, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, coconut, orange zest and cranberries. Mix until well incorporated.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and lemon juice. Gently stir.
- Add to the the dry ingredients.
- Stir in coconut oil and honey until well blended.
- Fold in greek yogurt.
- Spoon into muffin tins. Heap them full so they are nice and rounded.
- Bake for 22 - 24 min or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
You may also like this BACON AND EGG MUFFIN CUPS RECIPE:
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: