You’re going to love these easy pizza grilled cheese dippers.
If your home is anything like ours, it is always buzzing with some excitement. Whether we have just come in the door from taking the girls rollerblading in the park, or finished yet another card game, or had unexpected friends drop by for a visit, I need to have some quick and easy meal ideas on hand that the kids will love.
I was telling my girls that National Grilled Cheese Day is coming up on April 12th and they were giggling as they shared some extreme ideas of grilled cheese sandwiches we could make. “How about one with macaroni and cheese in it and add a burger patty and fries and gravy… oh and pickles too!” That would be a mighty big sandwich for a little kid! After the laughter had died down, I told them it had to be quick for busy moms to make and something that would be easy and fun for kids to eat.
We agreed that Grilled Cheese sandwiches and pizza are both loved by children, so why not be adventurous and combine the two for something extra special. I have to admit that it took me three tries to get the recipe perfected, but we did it, and we can’t wait to share our creation with you!
The first step in making a delicious grilled cheese sandwich is finding the perfect bread. Dempster’s White Bread has always been my family’s favourite and I love as a mom to be able to pick up bread from a trusted brand and know the kids will love it too!
Here is a Dempster’s Coupon for you when you pick up your ingredients.
- 4 slices Dempster's white bread
- 2 tsp soft butter
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1 tbsp pizza sauce
- ¼ cup pizza sauce (optional - for dipping)
- ¼ cup ranch dressing (optional - for dipping)
- Butter all 4 slices of bread and place bread buttered side down on medium/warm griddle.
- Put shredded cheese on each slice of bread.
- Add 4 slices of pepperoni to each slice of bread. (If your kids do not like as much meat, add 4 slices of pepperoni to only 2 slices of bread, but be sure to add cheese to all the slices).
- Add ½ tbsp of pizza sauce on 2 of the slices of bread.
- When the cheese begins to melt and the bread begins to brown, flip one side of the bread with the pizza sauce onto one of the slices with no pizza sauce. The pepperoni should stay in place as you flip it because the melted cheese holds it on. The pizza sauce stays in the middle of the sandwich instead of directly on the bread, which prevents the bread from getting soggy.
- I use a pastry knife to cut each sandwich into three dippers, so this recipe makes six grilled cheese pizza dippers.
Dempster’s white bread is perfect for this recipe. Get your Dempster’s Coupon here.
One lucky Canadian Mommy Moment reader (excluding Quebec) will win a $150 gift card so that they can purchase Dempster’s and other ingredients to give this recipe a try!
What is your favorite way to use Dempster’s bread? Tell us and share your photos with us using the #Breadventure hashtag!
This post was sponsored by Dempster’s. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience. #Breadventure #NationalGrilledCheeseDay #ad