Summer is a time when we host a lot of BBQ’s and get-togethers between friends. During these summer months, I am somehow challenged to try new and different recipes. (Yep, that’s right! We use our friends as guinea pigs)
This time around I decided to try the Watermelon Grapefruit Fizz drink from Minute Maid.
Watermelon Grapefruit Fizz
- 8 cups of cubed watermelon
- 1 can Minute Maid® 100% Grapefruit Juice frozen concentrate, mixed with 1 ½ cans water
- 8 cups of Sprite*
- Basil leaves for garnish
In batches, puree watermelon cubes in blender. In large bowl, stir together prepared Minute Maid® 100% Grapefruit Juice with watermelon puree.
To serve: Fill glass with ice. Fill halfway with juice, top up with Sprite®. Stir in torn basil leaves.
Per approx. 1 cup (8.5 oz.) serving: about 101 cal, 1 g pro, 0 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 26 g carb (0 g dietary fibre, 24 g sugar), 0 mg chol, 25 mg sodium, 84 mg potassium. % RDI: 1% calcium, 1% iron, 4% vit A, 52% vit C, 1% folate.
* Sprite Zero® can be substituted if preferred
(Makes 16 servings)
This drink may have been simple to make with only 3 ingredients, but with it’s delicious, refreshing taste it will become a hit at many of our get-togethers!
Minute Maid has many other delicious recipes for you to give a try this summer. You can check them out at the Minute Maid Recipe Box.
1 Canadian Mommy Moment reader will WIN a Minute Maid Smooth and Delicious Prize Pack valued at $150!! This prize pack will include:
- 1 (one) Oster blender
- two reusable smoothie cups
- and coupons for a wide variety of Minute Maid frozen products, including Minute Maid’s brand new frozen Smoothies! (Available in strawberry-banana and tropical flavours, Minute Maid Smoothies are made with 100% juice, real fruit puree and no added sugar. Just toss them in a blender, add ice or milk, and you’ll have a perfect smoothie every time.)
**Due to the value of this giveaway, it is not open to residents of Quebec due to regulations of that province**
To enter, leave a blog post comment telling us which flavor of Minute Maid frozen Smoothies you would like to try — strawberry/banana or tropical.