June 20th is Ice Cream Soda/Milkshake day, and since my husband celebrated his birthday this week I decided to create a healthy frozen mocha just for him. This delicious healthy version of an ice cream drink contains no ice cream (gasp), but it tastes like a frozen mocha and the bonus is that it is actually a much healthier drink than many of the ice cream varieties. I like to serve this healthy frozen mocha with ice cubes and some cacao nibs sprinkled on top.
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 of a banana (not over ripe)
- 1/4 tsp almond butter
- sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- cacao nibs (optional)
- Stir together the instant coffee and hot water and place in a blender (I use a vitamix).
- Add 5 ice cubes, coconut milk, banana, almond butter, honey and the Himalyan pink salt into the blender.
- Blend using the tamper tool until mixed well.
- Pour into a glass add 2-3 more ice cubes, a straw and sprinkle the top with cacao nibs.
If you have a love of chocolate you could add 1/2 a tsp of cocoa powder to the blender when you make this drink to make it a healthy frozen chocolate mocha.
You may also like this frozen hot chocolate recipe.