Chocolate chip cookies are a staple cookie, and many people have their own recipe that they come back to time and time again. The gooiest, chewiest, yummiest cookie recipe that that has been used for years. And though a classic cookie is great, sometimes it is good to spice it up a little and put a spin on that staple recipe.
My staple chocolate chip recipe serves as the base to our s’mores cookie. Feel free to use your own perfect recipe that has been passed down through the generations.
S’MORES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(printable recipe at bottom of post)
Make the chocolate chip cookie like any other regular cookie. Then when there is one minute of baking time left, take the cookies out and top them with your s’more ingredients.
While you are putting on the marshmallows, graham pieces, and chocolate pieces, change the temperature of the oven from 350 degrees to broil. This will toast up your marshmallows slightly. (If you have a kitchen torch you can use it to torch your cookies when they are done to get that toasted s’more look.)
Then place your pan back in the oven and bake for the additional one minute. You don’t want the marshmallows to be in the oven too long or they will melt into the cookie. That’s the reason for putting the toppings on during the last minute of baking.
S’MORES CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- Yield: 45 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- 1 ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cup margarine
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups mini marshmallows (2-3 per cookies)
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, or cut up chocolate bar
- 1 cup broken pieces of graham crackers
- Preheat your oven to 350°C
- Mix together the white sugar, brown sugar and margarine.
- Then add the vanilla and eggs and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and baking soda then add the chocolate chip and mix just until combined.
- Line your baking pans with parchment paper and scoop your dough onto the pans.
- Bake for 11 minutes and then take them out of the oven.*
- Turn the oven to broil. Your cookie will be almost done at this point. Place the marshmallows, chocolate and graham pieces on the cookies and put the pans back into the oven.
- Bake for the additional minute and then take them out. These cookies will look slightly underbaked, but trust me, that’s how you want it. They will firm up on the pan and will have the perfect chewy texture that you want from a chocolate chip cookie once they have cooled for a bit.
- Let them cool on the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.**
- * Every oven is different so if your cookies don’t look one minute away from being done, keep them in for another minute or so before taking them out and putting on the toppings.
- ** If you have a kitchen torch you can roast your marshmallows to add an extra flare to your s’more cookies, but if you don’t that’s fine, they will still taste and look great!
These cookies are a great summer treat and a new fun way to enjoy a chocolate chip cookie. I hope you give it a try!
You may also like these NUTELLA STUFFED COOKIES:
I’m Megan. I love to bake! I am a 19-year old student in my second year of Bible college, and after this year I plan on going through a baking and pastries program to learn more about baking. One day I hope to work for a bakery or maybe even own my own bakery! For now, I love baking for friends and family and we’ll see where God takes me in the future. If you want to see more baking check out my Instagram @baking.memories.
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on:
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience.