This creamy and flavorful chicken enchilada soup is so simple and quick to make. It’s a cheesy, hearty soup that takes comfort food to a whole new level.
This is a sponsored post, brought to you by Janes, a proudly Canadian company.
It doesn’t seem to matter what season it is, life is busy, especially with kids. As a mom, it is important for me to have some delicious recipes handy that I can make in half an hour or less.
My oldest daughter is a huge soup fan, so I am always trying to come up with new recipes so that we do not get bored of any too quickly.
When I was thinking of a recipe for this post, I was in the mood for some comforting enchiladas, so that was my inspiration for this soup.
SIMPLE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
This page may contain affiliate links for your shopping convenience. The links help support the blog as we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, our readers.
I knew the Janes MealMakers Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breasts would be absolutely perfect for this recipe as they are fully cooked chicken breast strips which are ready in just 60 seconds – the perfect ingredient for a quick and easy family meal!
Let me tell you, this chicken enchilada soup was a huge hit with everyone. Even my youngest daughter, who does not share her sister’s passionate love for soup, asked for a second serving and to eat leftover soup the next day!
From start to finish this soup is ready 20 – 30 minutes.
It is so easy to make which is awesome because my kids now ask for this soup regularly. It’s become a popular one, one that is often served for a meal when friends are over.
I actually think this simple chicken enchilada soup tastes even a little better the second day – a bonus for yummy leftovers!
CREAMY & CHEESY SIMPLE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Category: Soup
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp oil for frying
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup taco or enchilada sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (approx 800 ml)
- 2 ½ cooked chicken breasts (chopped) (approx ½ a package of the Janes MealMakers Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breasts)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 jar of salsa con queso (approx 400 ml)
- 1 can black beans (rinsed) (approx 540 ml)
- Grated marble cheese for garnish
- Tortilla chips
- Dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt
- avocado for garnish
- In a pot, over medium heat, saute the diced onion in the oil for approximately 6 minutes or until translucent in appearance. Add the chicken broth and taco/enchilada sauce.
- Next add in the can of diced tomatoes and the chopped chicken breasts, stirring regularly. Next, you will add the corn and you will continue to stir until the soup is hot, but not boiling. Once the soup is steaming, you will slowly add in the salsa con queso – (hello creamy flavor!!!) and stir until well mixed, then add the black beans and gently stir. Continue to stir for a few more minutes until the soup is at the desired temperature.
- Put soup in bowls and top with shredded cheese. If desired, add a dollop of sour cream/plain yogurt and avocado.
- Add crushed tortilla chips right before eating, and enjoy!
You may also like this SIMPLE ONE POT LASAGNA SOUP:
*GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED*
You can sign-up to get an email update each day. You can also connect with us on: